greasing prop shaft joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greasing prop shaft joints

just tried greasing the prop shaft/universal joints ets, however, the new greasegun doesn't seem to be slipping over the grease nipples, tried brute force but that doesn't seem to work!!
    Anyone any idea if the nipples are a larger size on the Surf?
    Do I need an HGV type grease gun if there is such a thing? (3rd Gen).
    Puzzled!

No, they're a standard size on the Surf - unless someone's fitted big ones on yours.

Try seeing in the end opening on the gun is free by wiggling it with a screwdriver. Mine can be hard to get on sometimes, but a sharp whack with the palm of my hand usually gets it on.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Ya might find some solid body Grease guns(without a flexible end)have a slightly bigger thicker (nipple) end fixing although still fits perfectly in unrestricted places un like UJ's.
      I have a Commercial Grease gun that has a flexible hose nipple fixing.
      Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Ya won't ever see it comin tho !!!!
      Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 3 November 2008, 15:19.
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

re; prop shaft greasing.

thanks for the feed back boys, it was just me not being rough enough! Had to make the sods 'have it'.All greased and me messy now!

Comment

Its always a good feeling, getting lubed up.
          Roy
          When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Greasing ball joints.

Still banging on about greasing, can anyone tell me if the 3rd Gen has the removable grease point plugs on the ball joints? The tech. sheet I found on here somewhere, points out all the grease nipples on the prop shaft, and shows some removable plugs that you take out, and fit a standard grease nipple, do the greasing, then reverse the process! Is this for 1st/2nd Gen only?

Comment

Working...
            X