got a problerm peep's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a problerm peep's

3 hours before i'm due to lead a group night laining in the Derbyshire peaks i have found the rear diff is leaking AGAIN!!!
    This is the 3rd time its happened and it will be 3 times i will have had to change the seals and bearings to the shaft. All this has happened with in 4 months. I cant get my head round it, so, to questions..
    Is Milners supplying crap oil seal's??
    Or...
    is the shaft worn at the point were it spins round in the seal??
    The last question i need an answer to please is, will the spleens on the shaft on a 2.4 be the same as on my 3.??
    if so i can put my hands on one. Easier than swapping the hole diff cos i would have to swap the front one to match.
    Anyone with answers please help.
    Cheers! Frustrated Magnum

just to check the obvious...is the diff breather unblocked ??
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I wouldn't have got them from milners ...........

rougtrax have better quality , and toyota is not that expensive .....

oh and have you damaged a mating face???
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Just got back from the night laining and it behaved fine.
        Thanks you, you two for your feed back.
        Yes the breather is ok and no damage was dune to any surfaces, so thats 2 things ticked off.
        Got the other shaft from the 2.4, question is, will the spleens be the same???
        And deffo not going back to "Millners"

Comment

Originally posted by magnum force View Post
          Got the other shaft from the 2.4, question is, will the spleens be the same???
          Same part number according to the EPC as long as you don't have ABS.

Nev

Comment

If spleens = splines.....then like Nev said, and check if the replacement is the same and not the LSD version (and no, not the narcotic)
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
              Same part number according to the EPC as long as you don't have ABS.

Nev
              Might be as well if admin merge this post with the other, i'm going dizzy lol.
              Thanks again Nev, thats the next thing to do then.

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                If spleens = splines.....then like Nev said, and check if the replacement is the same and not the LSD version (and no, not the narcotic)

Now then mudsurfer, just realized mine is LSD. That said, i have counted up the splines (corrected) and they both have 30 and the shaft is the same length and thickness. So at that then they are the same. Cant do any more now till Yota ring to say the seal is in, which wount be till early next week now.

Comment

Working...
                X