4 wheel alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 wheel alignment

i took the red surf to a place, and they have said its best i go to a 4 wheel alignment for them to fix / tell me whats wrong

o well... just need to find some way of getting it there!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    i took the red surf to a place, and they have said its best i go to a 4 wheel alignment for them to fix / tell me whats wrong

o well... just need to find some way of getting it there!
    Whats the problem? All they have to do is hook the laser pointer on the rear wheels, the alignment chart on the fronts and adjust the steering until it's within spec.
    The rear wheels are fixed in place so it's just the fronts that need sorting. I don't remember Sufs having four wheel steering or multi-link rear suspension with upper and lower wishbones.
    I get mine done in a small independant garage for 20 quid and it's spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Whats the problem? All they have to do is hook the laser pointer on the rear wheels, the alignment chart on the fronts and adjust the steering until it's within spec.
      The rear wheels are fixed in place so it's just the fronts that need sorting. I don't remember Sufs having four wheel steering or multi-link rear suspension with upper and lower wishbones.
      I get mine done in a small independant garage for 20 quid and it's spot on.

because of the front impact, its given the front passenger wheel negative camber
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

because of the front impact, its given the front passenger wheel negative camber
        They should still be able to tell you what needs fixing/replacing to put it right though.
        What the hell is wrong with the work ethic in this country? Everywhere you go it seems to be, suck the teeth, quote stupid prices or say "It can't be done mate"

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          They should still be able to tell you what needs fixing/replacing to put it right though.
          What the hell is wrong with the work ethic in this country? Everywhere you go it seems to be, suck the teeth, quote stupid prices or say "It can't be done mate"
          yeah i know but what can you do except go elsewhere...
          if they dont want to, or cant work out how to but try anyway - then you get a crap job done.

now i need to tow my car to the next place!
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

yeah i know but what can you do except go elsewhere...
            if they dont want to, or cant work out how to but try anyway - then you get a crap job done.

now i need to tow my car to the next place!
            To be given the same attitude?
            Make sure you phone them first and ask if they know what a surf/4Runner is.

Comment

had the wheel alignment done on mine cost me £60.00 thought that was a bit steep car still seems the same as before

Comment

We do 4 wheel alignment at work but it can only be adjusted on double wishbone cars so the rear reading is taken but ignored on all beamed cars as the rear is fixed.

Got mine done for £20, no problems.
                Roy
                When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

i did call them, they said it was fine for me to drop it off

ps im drunk
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                  X