oh my goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh my goodness

you must have noticed how different everyone is....with regards not just to taste in cars,but in your everyday life.

i had this minor epiphany whilst doing something this afternoon i had no idea was going to happen, ie, being trapped in an auditorium with about one hundred pre pubescent school girls and boys (and their carnally deprived mothers), watching

"high school musical 3: the gay leanings" (ok i made that last bit up)
    i rarely go to the cinema,i find it unsettling, but was coerced into going with mrs gwh and young master and miss gwh.after sitting through approximately 15 hours of trailers ( in reality about 15 minutes it just felt longer) the main film started. within 2 minutes i had leant towards mrs gwh,the chief protagonist in this getting me to the cinema saga, and warned her i may have to kill her......i haven't...yet !!
    it occured to me that something so monumentally bad really needed to be renamed...i thought cathedral city... a nod to its utter cheesiness.
    i then endured a further hour and a half and decided it should be called cathedral city light...with regards to not just its cheesiness, but its lack of ....well anything..im only surprised it didnt come as most american cheese does, ie in an aerosol !!
    mrs gwh did comment on the way home that the young gentleman,in the lead role, was "fit"...i thought he may be a lifter of other gentlemans shirts, but i digress.

this was without doubt the worst cine visual hoopla i have ever had the misfortune to witness..im going for a cigarette, a coffee and probably some therapy
    Non intercooled nothing.

I am so glad you put up this review. I was due to go to see this flik with my mrs and the kids......... Actually she was going with the girls and me and my boy were going bowling next door lol.
    The problem was that we couldnt get to the last showing in time lol
    I will make my excuses now i know what its like !!!! ( I had my suspicions)
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

I've been informed once you've seen the first one three times you're hooked, and it becomes the ultimate american cheese of the last few years. I've endured the first one twice now, so i'm getting in very close danger and doing everything in my power to avoid the 3rd showing, just incase it's true.

All 3 really are cheesily predictable rubbish (from what i've heard ), but in a way i've got to admire them, it's like 2 whole years now where my entire youthgroup have had something in common, they all love it, and it's great to see them all enjoying the films, getting right into it, singing the songs and re-enacting it together. I'm sure nearly every one of them knows every word to the first 2 films and all the songs, and some of them saw no.3 for the 2nd time last night - having pre-ordered the soundtrack to it and spent the 3 hours before the showing on the opening night outside the cinema learning all the songs, and the previous night watching the first two films back to back in preparation, they've been counting down to it for the last 3 weeks and all love it.

So in a way it's gotta be good cheesy american junk
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
        I've been informed once you've seen the first one three times you're hooked, and it becomes the ultimate american cheese of the last few years. I've endured the first one twice now, so i'm getting in very close danger and doing everything in my power to avoid the 3rd showing, just incase it's true.

All 3 really are cheesily predictable rubbish (from what i've heard ), but in a way i've got to admire them, it's like 2 whole years now where my entire youthgroup have had something in common, they all love it, and it's great to see them all enjoying the films, getting right into it, singing the songs and re-enacting it together. I'm sure nearly every one of them knows every word to the first 2 films and all the songs, and some of them saw no.3 for the 2nd time last night - having pre-ordered the soundtrack to it and spent the 3 hours before the showing on the opening night outside the cinema learning all the songs, and the previous night watching the first two films back to back in preparation, they've been counting down to it for the last 3 weeks and all love it.

So in a way it's gotta be good cheesy american junk
        oh mate ( and where have you been) i couldnt agree more.ed and rosie (my duo of kids) LOVE it. its all a bit "perfectville"...not even a cross word..its all white teeth and strong sentiment..but thats (imho) its success.
        my tounge in cheek review is indiciative of the cynical old fart i am gradually turning into.

rock on high school musical

but excuse me if i give it a miss
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

would you buy a deodourant called "yeti-ar5e gas no.2" and expect to pull - no.

would you drive an x5 and expect to be able to drive through a puddle without forking out a few grand for repairs - no.

would you go offroading with woodzie and expect all surfs to return in the same state of repair as when you went out - absolutely bl00dy well not my man.

so, given that the film's title has both "highschool" and "musical" in the title, how did you think that was a good idea...or did you really enjoy it???

its a big deal though isn't it because all you hear on the radio is highschool musical this that and the other. i hope to never give in and bore myself to suicide by watching any of them.
          Last edited by logey79; 29 October 2008, 20:42.
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
            would you buy a deodourant called "yeti-ar5e gas no.2" and expect to pull - no.

would you drive an x5 and expect to be able to drive through a puddle without forking out a few grand for repairs - no.

would you go offroading with woodzie and expect all surfs to return in the same state of repair as when you went out - absolutely bl00dy well not my man.

so, given that the film's title has both "highschool" and "musical" in the title, how did you think that was a good idea...or did you really enjoy it???

i didnt think it was a good idea...and i didnt enjoy it...but i was in the minority

its a big deal though isn't it because all you hear on the radio is highschool musical this that and the other. i hope to never give in and bore myself to suicide by watching any of them.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Going to see Ghost town later this evening!

gotta do something now the Xbox is dead

Comment

gra,your in the wrong job mate,you ought to be a film critic,the film industry would go bust within months.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

I'm looking forward to the new bond film out this week,

as for high school musical it just makes me cringe! i have seen adverts and thats more than enough
                  If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

Does this mean you didn't like it?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Good write up!! aint seen it, dont want to see it, useual teeth & tits yank rubbish, just about had enough of the cr@p on tv, entire weekend of X factor,

watched "there will be blood" last night, anyone seen it, daniel day lewis, terrific acting if a little wierd,
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

No! i stayed up far too late and watched The 51st state.
                        Another great Daniel Day Lewis film.
                        I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X