Major flaw with the new GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major flaw with the new GT-R

Who's at fault here, Nissan for providing the button or it's customers for pressing it??
    http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=25361

Discuss:

if you put your own modifications on a new motor to make it go faster/better then it usually voids any manufacturers warranty - fine, that makes sense, after all why should a manufacturer be held accountable for something they did not make to fit the specs of their own product, ie, the car.

but, this is a part of the manufacturers spec/design, so of course nissan should be held accountable. this is absolutely rediculous and if they get away with it where does it end?
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

A bit like buying 300wrms speakers and then driving them continuously at 300wrms and expecting them to survive.

Apparently the owners manual tells them not to use it except in snow. Isn't it also a bit like using 4wd in a 2nd gen on the road? Hell, there's a button, you must be able to press it!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
        but, this is a part of the manufacturers spec/design,
        As I said, so is the 4wd button on a 2nd gen. Use it on the road, you're gonna break something.

I have no pity for someone who's gonna use the performance of one of them to the limits on public roads anyway. I hope he cant afford to get it fixed and it prevents him from being a ###### on the roads when me or my family are coming the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Apparently the owners manual tells them not to use it except in snow. Isn't it also a bit like using 4wd in a 2nd gen on the road? Hell, there's a button, you must be able to press it!

ok, never read down that far. having going back and reading further, it seems this is the case and this guy's fuct up big time.

although, even with that stated in the manual, if its new and from a dealership surely they should have explained the consequences of doing this. if they had, and he continued to abuse it, then its a case of onwer/driver fault hands down. i couldn't imagine too many people doing this if the outcome is explained to them vividly enough.

Comment

But this is a 21st century computer controlled car, surely Nissan would have allowed for hooligan drivers by programming safeguards or default settings into the ECU if mistreated.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              But this is a 21st century computer controlled car, surely Nissan would have allowed for hooligan drivers by programming safeguards or default settings into the ECU if mistreated.
              or just built a stronger tranny to deal with the hardest driving it could be put through.

Comment

or just built a stronger tranny to deal with the hardest driving it could be put through.
                Well yeah, that too.

I suppose at some point they're going to be racing these cars in their own series, I wonder if the drivetrain will be standard or beefed up.
                Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 25 October 2008, 22:17.

Comment

nissans fault,they didnt make it idiot proof,more to the point yor selling yr surf,celica,corolla,if my suspicions are correct and u intend buying an r35 plz give advance warning,as i need time to drive to your house

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    nissans fault,they didnt make it idiot proof,more to the point yor selling yr surf,celica,corolla,if my suspicions are correct and u intend buying an r35 plz give advance warning,as i need time to drive to your house
                    You must be very excited, you've neglected to use the space bar!

I say, lovely colour, what?
                    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 25 October 2008, 22:24.

Comment

you can get a pan galactic gargle blaster in a space bar.

Comment

where the feck did that picture come from, it wasn't there when i posted that reply?!?!?

Comment

where the feck did that picture come from, it wasn't there when i posted that reply?!?!?
                          The clocks in Wales have already gone back an hour.

Comment

trust u burgandy lol,just read several pages of that,and tbh it worries me,seems ashame tho cause the car should/will make history,similar to the r32 did,reading that if i bought one(in my dreams),i would touch the launch button,be to scared to,i can see both sides,but that bloke used it 20 times in 2 months,i wouldnt be that bad but,wouldnt take long to do it more than 20 times lol,ive just got this image now of all the US r35's being driven vvvvv slowly now

Comment

And added £10k to the price of the car.

No such thing as a free lunch, and this is why similar performing Porkers and Ferraris cost twice as much.

Comment

Working...
                              X