iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone

Right, few days left till my mobile contract is up!

Normally i go with dialaphone. Best deals around an you can get free gifts an other cr*p off there!!

I've narrowed it down to two choices.

Apples iPhone an the Samsung Tocco f480.

Im pretty sure im going for the iPhone but has anyone got one an hated the damn thing?!

Its very gadgety an the last time i went for the gadget (Nokia touch screen with a pen to write out a txt) i regretted it long before the contract ended

i don't get the phone obsession. if you can call someone on the damn thing and understand what they're saying then thats a good phone. i cant be ar5ed with these ones that'll help you find your way home, book your holiday flight tickets, walk your dog and shave your mrs for you.

fiddling with little phones...repetitive strain????
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

i'll be in a very similar situation in 6 weeks time, i've left the n96 in the equation for now too though.

I like the samsung, and i want to like it ... BUT ... every single person i know that's had a samsung phone one of two things has happened within 6 months of buying, either the screen, or the speaker has packed up. I know this is going back a year or two to the D600 / D900 but i'm just not sure i would trust a samsung phone.

I also like the iPhone, but is it all just hype? It's apple, ipods are great, it should be good, but is it actually going to live upto expectations, many of the reviewers don't seem to think so. The other thing i dislike about it is that it's entirely touchscreen, as was my last phone (SPV M700) and it takes forever to write txt messages on. The iPhone on screen keyboard looks better and easier to use than the standard windows mobile one, so it might not be as much of an issue.

Whereas the N96 i don't actually like, but i'm tempted by the better camera, nokia reliability and the fact that it does eveything i want it to. And it's just a bit moe phone like and a bit less gadgety.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

I love most Apple products, I have quite a few, I have had a wee play with the iPhone but to be honest it's a bit too big and just too much stuff I simply don't need.
        I'd prefer the latest Sony Ericsson with great camera, much more useful.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
          i don't get the phone obsession. if you can call someone on the damn thing and understand what they're saying then thats a good phone. i cant be ar5ed with these ones that'll help you find your way home, book your holiday flight tickets, walk your dog and shave your mrs for you.

fiddling with little phones...repetitive strain????
          Im just a gadget lover really mate!

Im seeing the doctor again tomorrow about my hand! Fingers crossed eh!
          Originally posted by nero279 View Post
          i'll be in a very similar situation in 6 weeks time, i've left the n96 in the equation for now too though.

I like the samsung, and i want to like it ... BUT ... every single person i know that's had a samsung phone one of two things has happened within 6 months of buying, either the screen, or the speaker has packed up. I know this is going back a year or two to the D600 / D900 but i'm just not sure i would trust a samsung phone.

I also like the iPhone, but is it all just hype? It's apple, ipods are great, it should be good, but is it actually going to live upto expectations, many of the reviewers don't seem to think so. The other thing i dislike about it is that it's entirely touchscreen, as was my last phone (SPV M700) and it takes forever to write txt messages on. The iPhone on screen keyboard looks better and easier to use than the standard windows mobile one, so it might not be as much of an issue.

Whereas the N96 i don't actually like, but i'm tempted by the better camera, nokia reliability and the fact that it does eveything i want it to. And it's just a bit moe phone like and a bit less gadgety.

My current phone is a Samsung u600 an its been fantastic! Plus its so slim which is great! I havent seen an N96 around yet but the N95 is a chunky barsteward!!

Im thinking iPhone!! the new 3g one is much better an i tried out the txt thing today an its not that bad! If you mess up which button you press just hold the key down an slide your finger. One of those things you'd get used to i'd imagine!

Only thing is, 8gb is £99 with the 16gb being £159. My head says go 16 as i'd be using it as an mp3 player aswell... but i dont really like stumping up that much on top of the monthy payments for a phone! At least the samsung is free

Comment

My contract's almost up, looking at a Touch diamond or a Samsung Omnia
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

well i used to have the mobile fashion type thing and tbh,get a sony mate,iphone lots of nice crap...........u wont use,sony phones dont look much but god the camera and features are spot on,i currently have the w890i and its spot on and tiny

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                My contract's almost up, looking at a Touch diamond or a Samsung Omnia
                I looked at the samsung Omnia but changed my mind back to the iphone an tocco. Dont really know why....
                Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                well i used to have the mobile fashion type thing and tbh,get a sony mate,iphone lots of nice crap...........u wont use,sony phones dont look much but god the camera and features are spot on,i currently have the w890i and its spot on and tiny
                Gotta be honest mate, had a sony an didn't like it much

buttons are way to small for my hands for a start!!

Comment

As far as useability, ergonomics and customer service I dont think Apple can do any wrong. I'd love an iMac, but I hate the MacOS.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Ive got a Nokia that Ive had for 4 years and I dont even know which model it is 6280 rings a bell but I could be wrong. I think therefore Im safe in assuming that you dont want my opinion.

bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                      Right, few days left till my mobile contract is up!

Normally i go with dialaphone. Best deals around an you can get free gifts an other cr*p off there!!

I've narrowed it down to two choices.

Apples iPhone an the Samsung Tocco f480.

Im pretty sure im going for the iPhone but has anyone got one an hated the damn thing?!

Its very gadgety an the last time i went for the gadget (Nokia touch screen with a pen to write out a txt) i regretted it long before the contract ended

i have a lovely samsung u900 for sale..
                      if you are wanting a phone, get one with a wireless nic so you can stream to it whereever u are..
                      samsungs OS seems a bit shite tbh..
                      LG lets you watch divx movies on them. as does the microsoft OS phones. but they play up just like all microsoft's PCs do.

apple look good, and feel ok, try it before you buy.. because if you find it hard to use, it will really pss you off!
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        As far as useability, ergonomics and customer service I dont think Apple can do any wrong. I'd love an iMac, but I hate the MacOS.
                        The only thing i dont like about the iMac is the mouse!! Feels horrible in my hand.
                        Was going to get one but i've put it off for a while. claiming the vat back off them makes the prices a bit more acceptable.
                        Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                        Ive got a Nokia that Ive had for 4 years and I dont even know which model it is 6280 rings a bell but I could be wrong. I think therefore Im safe in assuming that you dont want my opinion.

bogus

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                          i have a lovely samsung u900 for sale..
                          if you are wanting a phone, get one with a wireless nic so you can stream to it whereever u are..
                          samsungs OS seems a bit shite tbh..
                          LG lets you watch divx movies on them. as does the microsoft OS phones. but they play up just like all microsoft's PCs do.

apple look good, and feel ok, try it before you buy.. because if you find it hard to use, it will really pss you off!
                          U900?! isn't the the 'Soul' ?

Got my sister to get that one... i loved the idea of the buttons in the 2nd screen being what you need them to be.. but my thumb just mashes all of them

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post

bogus

or

?
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                              I looked at the samsung Omnia but changed my mind back to the iphone an tocco. Dont really know why....

Gotta be honest mate, had a sony an didn't like it much

buttons are way to small for my hands for a start!!
                              u mean u want to find an excuse not to have one

Comment

Working...
                              X