White Dials. Popeye, BDT2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Rod, I hope your truck is clean and shiny.
    It's certainly high up
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Rod, I hope your truck is clean and shiny.
      At the moment its totally brown! All the dust from the builders settled all over it! So its due a clean if only to get the cr*p off!

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      It's certainly high up

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
        is that a yes?

Your going to have to go drag him out of the mountains

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
          At the moment its totally brown! All the dust from the builders settled all over it! So its due a clean if only to get the cr*p off!
          Oh, OK then. As it's beyond your control you're allowed to post in this thread.

Comment

cool!

Im giving very serious thought to eating your wi... erm! cleaning the chassis an then painting it all up.

Doesn't look as tidy as it could.

Comment

cmon vince pretty plz

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                u rang,on mine we used a little bit of double sided tape behind dials,some do sit in place but not all,as for the needle it's to do with getting the pin under the needle to sit true so u fit dials,then plug back in,then gently push needles on,then plug in again turn ignition back on to make sure its at zero then push them home but not to hard,and again check,cause the needles stick if u push them into far! did u get just white?or plasma?
                Whos WE, is Popeye one of the people who make up WE. If thats the case how the fcuk did you get away with using double sided tape, did he see you ? did he participate ? Our Ian HATES double sided tape, he used to rant on about it. Is he mellowing ??

Bogus
                Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                  Whos WE, is Popeye one of the people who make up WE. If thats the case how the fcuk did you get away with using double sided tape, did he see you ? did he participate ? Our Ian HATES double sided tape, he used to rant on about it. Is he mellowing ??

Bogus
                  must be we used tiny strips behind fuel guage etc,and yes ian and i as he had done the job previously,so i thought sensible to have his help

Comment

BDT, they're plasmas mate!
                    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post

Bogus
                      Aye Alex, not a big fan of double sided tape but sometimes one has to swallow one's pride, (and it was on BD's truck and not mine) it was industrial grade double sided tho, they used to use it to "stick" the side panels on coaches where i worked, sticks like wotsname to a soldiers blanket unlike that "falls off when the sun comes out halfords shoit"
                      the small gauge ones do tend to flip up so summats needed to hold em down,
                      take ya time Jim and it'll be fine, they do look the dogs when lit up tho

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                        BDT, they're plasmas mate!
                        want a reminder of how nice they look?

Comment

fitted them to mine the only problem i had was the converter on the back of dials to convert them to mph would only let the needle work so far so speed was wrong, all you do is reconnect wire that has been cut and they work a treat but the mileage will clock up in kilometers, it was somebody on here that put me right but i could not thank him because the site was shut down.

Comment

white dials

hi lads
                            busy fitting plasma dials but can,t seem to find the correct live feed for the dials, could any of you learned gents give me some info.
                            cheers johno
                            15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Originally posted by geordie john View Post
                              hi lads
                              busy fitting plasma dials but can,t seem to find the correct live feed for the dials, could any of you learned gents give me some info.
                              cheers johno
                              cant remember off hand but not difficult to find,just go for the live off the original bulbs

Comment

If i can remember...

The block in the bottom left that connects into the cluster has the +/- feed for the lights.. I used those lil blue splitter box thingys! (technical terms)

Just sit with a multi meter an turn the lights on and off till you get a feed then splice into it!

Comment

Working...
                                X