White Dials. Popeye, BDT2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Dials. Popeye, BDT2?

Okay I've treated myself to the white dial kit and it arrived yesterday. I've read the instructions and it all seems pretty straight forward.

A few questions though.

The dials seem a bit 'floppy', do they flatten out okay once fitted?

It says to put a spot of glue on the back of them to hold them in place, did you do this and if so what glue did you use? I don't want to put something on that will melt the plastic!

It also says to run the engine on tick over and take a picture of where the needles sit so you can put them back in the same place! Surely it's best just to note where they are with the engine off and then stick them back on in the same place?

Thanks for any help guys.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

u rang,on mine we used a little bit of double sided tape behind dials,some do sit in place but not all,as for the needle it's to do with getting the pin under the needle to sit true so u fit dials,then plug back in,then gently push needles on,then plug in again turn ignition back on to make sure its at zero then push them home but not to hard,and again check,cause the needles stick if u push them into far! did u get just white?or plasma?

Comment

Dont remember glueing bdt's on mate but a few very small dabs of super glue wolld be ok i guess, when refitting the needles just turn on the ign and carefully place them on so they are reading zero/ up against the stop pins, but as an extra precaution you could take a close up pic engine running, cold, as well, panel lights suppluy is the second wire in from the left looking at the gauge from the front, green/balck if thats the one you want to take your feed from, double check with a test light tho, and mind the T belt reset button blanking rubber (very small) bdt had to poke a bit of insulation to cover it cos white light shone through it, and be carefull pulling the needles off, bout all i can think of at the mo, we did;nt have any major probs apart from the broken needle, and if your fiddley, scrape off the needle backing "paint" and do in red (humbrol) and a very fine brush, did one o bdt and looks good when lit up
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Dont remember glueing bdt's on mate but a few very small dabs of super glue wolld be ok i guess, when refitting the needles just turn on the ign and carefully place them on so they are reading zero/ up against the stop pins, but as an extra precaution you could take a close up pic engine running, cold, as well, panel lights suppluy is the second wire in from the left looking at the gauge from the front, green/balck if thats the one you want to take your feed from, double check with a test light tho, and mind the T belt reset button blanking rubber (very small) bdt had to poke a bit of insulation to cover it cos white light shone through it, and be carefull pulling the needles off, bout all i can think of at the mo, we did;nt have any major probs apart from the broken needle, and if your fiddley, scrape off the needle backing "paint" and do in red (humbrol) and a very fine brush, did one o bdt and looks good when lit up
        u calling me fiddly u tart lol

Comment

Hello!

Nothing to ad to this thread, I just wanted to be on here with the rest of the shiny club.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Hello!

Nothing to ad to this thread, I just wanted to be on here with the rest of the shiny club.
            good man,if don dont reappear u could come the plains?but im sure u will pretend not to see this now and not reply

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
              good man,if don dont reappear u could come the plains?but im sure u will pretend not to see this now and not reply
              When is it again?

Comment

When is it again?
                30th of November!

An i used super glue on mine and its fine...

... other then the melted spots!
                not really... super glue is fine!

Comment

When is it again?
                  that a yes?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    that a yes?
                    Can't say yet, I don't plan that far ahead.

Comment

yes i'd love to
                      wow ty bushy

Comment

Aye! go easy with it, alittledabilldoya, or your white dials will be stuck to YOU!
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

As popeye said, an put the glue on the black dial.

Just incase you fcuk up putting them on. be very slow an take it very easy.

I pulled the dials out the truck an then sat at my desk/work bench! an did it on that. also, the fuel tank/temp guage/oil pressure/battery thing dials are lil sh1ts.

Dont glue them just get them in place last and get the bleedin cover back on asap!

Comment

Rod, I hope your truck is clean and shiny.

Comment

Rod, I hope your truck is clean and shiny.
                              is that a yes?

Comment

Working...
                              X