Ebay question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay question

All, I wonder if I could have your opinion on this. The Surf is currently on the bay and I've had the following email. Do you think it's legit? He has 153 positive feedbacks and has bought several Surfs in the last two months. Any comments appreciated.

Dear gold-dannyboy,

Hi there,

First let me say I'm buying cars off ebay for export to Europe. I'm paticulary interested in Hiluxes - please see my feedback. My next visit to the UK will be on 5th Nov, therefore I would lilke to ask if I collection on 5th will be ok.
    I'm offering £950 for the car considering the small bit that need fixing and collection on 5ht Nov. I can send you a deposit via PayPal straight away. Looking forward for your reply.

Many thanks

would have thought with 100% feedback and having bought Surfs recently it sounds OK. But then you always have that niggling doubt, ask for full payment via paypal, time he comes to collect it you know the moneys good
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

just tell him to put max bid of 950 on the car,simple

Comment

Not a bad idea. You're right - it's just that niggling doubt!

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          just tell him to put max bid of 950 on the car,simple
          I could, but he's obviously gambling on the auction reaching at least that and he gets a good deal, so what's his incentive?

Comment

Just be careful, I had a similar thing happen to me when I advertised things on milweb, offered me what I asked but wanted to give me a cheque for £1,500 & I give him £500 cash back, "oh yes mr con merchant & would you like to have wife & daughter" NOT
            I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

Agreed, that is the obvious one! I met someone who actually fell for that once!

Comment

some are genuine money laundering scams... if you don't get caught, you'll actually get the money!!

i sold my old audi to a fella from lithuania (i think)... thought it sounded dodgy, but one night 2 fellas turned up with the cash and off the drove!... i've since seen a car transporter with his company name on it!!

i'd just make this fella bid and see if he wins
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by contaminated View Post
                  I could, but he's obviously gambling on the auction reaching at least that and he gets a good deal, so what's his incentive?
                  there isnt,if he is gen say u wont remove it from sale until u have the full amount in cash or in your bank,or bid end of

Comment

This is common now. Up my way transporters from Poland turn up every Wed and buy up Cat C and D cars at a local acution and take them back to Poland.

Just make sure you have cash and a fake cash checking pen to hand before you hand over the keys.
                    Brian

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                      X