tyres size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres size

tyres do my head in lol i got 265 70 16 on my 3rd gen 265 75 16 is ok isnt it cos i can get that size
    black n tan
    black n tan
    yes i am a dobermann man

i had the same prob, i think they work out an inch bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by slydog
      tyres do my head in lol i got 265 70 16 on my 3rd gen 265 75 16 is ok isnt it cos i can get that size
      Yep they should fit. 265/75/16 have an overall diameter of 31.65 inches.

You can run 31s without modification and 32s generally don't need much if any modification. You will be on the limit on full lock with clearance I would think.

Cheers

Comment

great

great another man with a surf near me lol you up for joining us a the pit next month m8
        black n tan
        black n tan
        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

cheers

cheers lucky so im ok with them then il order away cheers m8
          black n tan
          black n tan
          yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

cheers lucky so im ok with them then il order away cheers m8
            Worse you might get is very close clearance to the edges of the wheelarch extensions at the front when on lock but it should clear. If not a small amount of work with a dremel will fix em.

And you'll be the coolest kid in town.

Cheers

Comment

great another man with a surf near me lol you up for joining us a the pit next month m8
              if i aint fishing i,ll come and see what you all get up to.

Comment

ive got a set of 275x75x16 on my 2nd gen but they catch the front mudflap bolts when turning hard.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Mark have you been on the juice again ?
                  If he's near you he must be in my bike shed.

Geoff
                  Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

they'll be close for clearance... i've got 265 70 16 MTs and they're very close to the mudflap when turning.... even with a 2" lift

looked at fitting 285 75 16s but these would be too wide to clear the top ball joint and need spacers and a bit more lift to clear the arches when turning.
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                      they'll be close for clearance... i've got 265 70 16 MTs and they're very close to the mudflap when turning.... even with a 2" lift

looked at fitting 285 75 16s but these would be too wide to clear the top ball joint and need spacers and a bit more lift to clear the arches when turning.
                      My 31x10.5s clear by about 1 1/2 inches so you are right it will be a close thing but it's only at the bottom of the front wheelarch extensions where they are attached to the bumper, remove those bits and it would be plain sailing.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman

Hehe, you're lucky, my standard 265/70R16s rub near the mud flap when braking and turning

Comment

Working...
                        X