front wheel camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front wheel camber

i have a question. what determines the camber on the front wheels?

i have had "the bit that connects the hub to the track rod end" replaced, and the wheels tracked up. now its evident that the top of the passenger side wheel is further in than the other side.

what would i be looking to replace next?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Are you sure the wheels were pointing straight ahead when you compared sides?

As you turn a corner, the inside wheel tucks in at the top to aid grip/turn-in etc, it's just the way the steering geometry is on Surfs.

Comment

You shouldn't need to replace anything.

The lower wishbone has an ecentric mounting. (probably spelt that wrong but.. )

So basically, it can be undone an the lower wishbone pulled in and out to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        You shouldn't need to replace anything.

The lower wishbone has an ecentric mounting. (probably spelt that wrong but.. )

So basically, it can be undone an the lower wishbone pulled in and out to adjust.

really? so how the hell do you match those up then?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Are you sure the wheels were pointing straight ahead when you compared sides?

As you turn a corner, the inside wheel tucks in at the top to aid grip/turn-in etc, it's just the way the steering geometry is on Surfs.
          they were as much straight as i can get them, although it probably looks worse as it was on a sideways slope

i will get a better look in daylight, but im sure it needs something somewhere.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            There's two dots to line up, one on the wishbone, the other on the bolthead.

Comment

By getting a place with 4 way laser alignment to do it!

If its out the truck handles bad, scuffs the tyre causing premature wear an all sorts.

I got my truck done for around £78 i think, That needed EVERYTHING tweaking. My truck was all over the place after the lift!

Comment

By getting a place with 4 way laser alignment to do it!

If its out the truck handles bad, scuffs the tyre causing premature wear an all sorts.

I got my truck done for around £78 i think, That needed EVERYTHING tweaking. My truck was all over the place after the lift!
                hmmmm where did you get it done? looks like i will take it there then, that way i can be certain its done propperly.

do you guys think that i will need to purchase some parts for it, because this happened because of an impact.
                however we have measured up the wishbones and compared to the drivers side and they are the same.
                basically, is adjustment all you will think i need?

if so, i will get the wing put on, get mot, tax and insurance (may be some more lift) and then drive to a place to get it lasered.

i read ages ago about other people getting theirs done.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I got my tracking ,camber and toe done a few weeks ago! Theres only one place that can do it round here unless u want to travel! It cost me £125.00
                  I went to pick it up early and he was making a meal of my track rod end with a huge set of stilsons and a scaffold bar !!!!!!!!!!!

Everything all lined and was sweet as a nut after though.

Was a waste of money though...... truck has officially been written off today after the accident on sat !!

Time to start looking for new wheels. not sure what the insurance company will pay out. So it looks like im going to have to work a few extra weekends .
                  I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

hmmmm where did you get it done? looks like i will take it there then, that way i can be certain its done propperly.

do you guys think that i will need to purchase some parts for it, because this happened because of an impact.
                    however we have measured up the wishbones and compared to the drivers side and they are the same.
                    basically, is adjustment all you will think i need?

if so, i will get the wing put on, get mot, tax and insurance (may be some more lift) and then drive to a place to get it lasered.

i read ages ago about other people getting theirs done.
                    I used Micheldever - Very popular. 8am on a monday morning and the place was bl**dy packed!!

Originally posted by Mike66 View Post
                    truck has officially been written off today
                    That sucks mate!!

If you have around £50,000 to spare i could track you down a Decent Hummer H1. Bit tougher...

Comment

got mine done by a company called tyreland and it cost me £60 all in and it was well out

Comment

Originally posted by Mike66 View Post
                        I got my tracking ,camber and toe done a few weeks ago! Theres only one place that can do it round here unless u want to travel! It cost me £125.00
                        I went to pick it up early and he was making a meal of my track rod end with a huge set of stilsons and a scaffold bar !!!!!!!!!!!

Everything all lined and was sweet as a nut after though.

Was a waste of money though...... truck has officially been written off today after the accident on sat !!

Time to start looking for new wheels. not sure what the insurance company will pay out. So it looks like im going to have to work a few extra weekends .
                        i got £2250 for my 2.4, plus 4 weeks travel expenses, minus £125 to keep the truck = £2300 (this was june)
                        good luck!
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I used Micheldever - Very popular. 8am on a monday morning and the place was bl**dy packed!!
                          is that near you then mate?

if you all just think it needs adjusting, then i will go ahead and get the rest done and do that last

yay
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

is that near you then mate?

if you all just think it needs adjusting, then i will go ahead and get the rest done and do that last

yay
                            Best take some pictures of the IFS set up first mate.

Just to check it over. Would be a shame to get it repaired if the IFS is all trashed...

Unless doing a solid axle swap was on your list of mods?!

Comment

Best take some pictures of the IFS set up first mate.

Just to check it over. Would be a shame to get it repaired if the IFS is all trashed...

Unless doing a solid axle swap was on your list of mods?!
                              what pics should i post? pics with the wheels off? or what
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X