Drivers door glass (post theft)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers door glass (post theft)

Even though I live in the middle of nowhere I've just been done over. My own fault, I left a rucksack on the passenger seat! They got my laptop, wallet, blackberry pda etc. Funny thing is I've never had a problem before. Had a BMW parked outside for the last 2 years, sometimes with laptop on show too. Just had a new stereo fitted, coincidence I wonder?

Anyway it's a 99 3.0 diesel SSR X, anyone know how easy it is to get glass replaced?

Cheers
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Originally posted by Ace Piker
    Even though I live in the middle of nowhere I've just been done over. My own fault, I left a rucksack on the passenger seat! They got my laptop, wallet, blackberry pda etc. Funny thing is I've never had a problem before. Had a BMW parked outside for the last 2 years, sometimes with laptop on show too. Just had a new stereo fitted, coincidence I wonder?

Anyway it's a 99 3.0 diesel SSR X, anyone know how easy it is to get glass replaced?

Cheers
    I think in a '99 you will need to go to Toyota as it was never imported officially as a 3rd Gen. They will probably order it in from Belgium and it will take up to 10 days.

Sorry that you got done, what a bu**er.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Lucky

Mr Autoglass reckons that after 93 a four runner glass will fit! So have RAC glass coming on Friday.

Comment

Thanks Lucky

Mr Autoglass reckons that after 93 a four runner glass will fit! So have RAC glass coming on Friday.
        nah, that would be 2nd gen type...
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I ordered glass from Toyota it took 2 days but cost 145 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
            nah, that would be 2nd gen type...
            i tend to agree see the face of window man when he gets it out of the van
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Ok! I'd post a pic of the face of the glassman, but sadly the b%$*%rds got my camera. £145 sounds alright, RAC & Autoglass wanted £360.00 !!! Can't work out who are the bigger thieves!!!!!!

Comment

fingers crossed mate
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Could have been worse....they could have pinched your tackle
                  Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

we are only having a laugh to humour you so dont take it too serious mate
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Yeah that's fine. Gotta laugh, stops me blowin my top! It's bin ages since my tackle was pinched!
                      Originally posted by marky
                      we are only having a laugh to humour you so dont take it too serious mate

Comment

Cheers
                        Its not your own fault. It's:
                        A. The fault of the thieving gits that broke into your motor.
                        B. The fault of the powers that be because nobody is scared to knock stuff off anymore.

Doesn't your insurance cover your glass without affecting your no claims?

Hope you get it sorted soon m8.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Hi Phil

Well the insurance is not too much hassle cos my company insured the vehicle on the fleet insurance, however I'm not going to be popular as one of my dogs ate a handheld pc recently and my new replacement was also in the surf! I guess as I pulled a 23hour day I can be excused for leaving it in there but it's not really the insurance that's the issue, it's the hassle of sorting it all out and trying to replace all the work I had on the laptop (loads of planning sheets and risk assesments). Apart from some sensitive data. I just hope the dickheads don't know how to bypass passwords and just re-load windows before they flog the laptop. It would be nice to think that they felt some remorse when they discover the pictures of my kids and grandkids (I started young!) on the camera, but I doubt that. Also I live on the Cambridge/Norfolk border and trying to get the law to do anything is annoying too! Norfolk bobbies came out, had a cup of tea and then told me I was not in their area. Were very sorry but had to go through Cambs cops!

Anyway guys (and dolls) thanks for all the comments and support

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                          Its not your own fault. It's:
                          A. The fault of the thieving gits that broke into your motor.
                          B. The fault of the powers that be because nobody is scared to knock stuff off anymore.

Doesn't your insurance cover your glass without affecting your no claims?

Hope you get it sorted soon m8.

Comment

window

Hi mate have you got your window sorted out yet, sorry l have not been intouch before now have had some personel problems to sort out.
                            Live Life To The Full

Comment

Nope, RAC put some perspex in and I told them where, and how, to order replacement. As it's an insurance job I'll let them do it! Don't reckon it'll be before next weekend though. Boy it's been a s*$t week, on top of everything else I slipped a disc yesterday!

Originally posted by Hilux
                              Hi mate have you got your window sorted out yet, sorry l have not been intouch before now have had some personel problems to sort out.

Comment

Working...
                              X