Sold my MG - Credit Crunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold my MG - Credit Crunch

Well, Mr Darling and OPEC have had their way. A modern V6 is no longer viable for occasional use and the retarded drivers on the street have had a lot of fun scratching my bumpers, so I had to get rid of the MG. It's a shame because it was a lovely car, quick and comfy, but I was doing less than 3,000 miles a year in it and £500 tax, £700 insurance, £500 servicing, £200 parking permit and a visit to the body shop every six months wasn't adding up.

This morning, I traded it in for something a little bit more practical for my needs. For those that are interested, pics of my new car are here and here.

Life's a bitch sometimes.....

so which car is it on those pages?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
      so which car is it on those pages?
      All of them

Comment

[QUOTE=Sancho;494205]All of them [/QUOTEahh just read the page now lol,lucky sod

Comment

and i bet that costs a fricken fortune

Comment

and i bet that costs a fricken fortune
            £3,750 a year. Not too bad, but you don't get a lot of days in a 911 for that...

They actually PX'd the MG against the membership so it cost me nothing like that much. They're going to keep it so I can still drive it

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              £3,750 a year. Not too bad, but you don't get a lot of days in a 911 for that...
              so u have gone from £1900 a year to £3750 ,but tbh if had the chance i'd do the same!,do they limit wot u can and cant take out?and for how long?
              edit just read thru the pages,wot an amazing scheme,just out of intrest tho,wots the excess u have to pay on the insurance?imagine havin a ferrari parked up and someone damaging it!!
              amazing idea tho
              Last edited by darkdezigns; 9 October 2008, 10:42.

Comment

so u have gone from £1900 a year to £3750
                True, but no depreciation, no one-off costs for breakdowns, no break down cover, no new tyres and no visits to the body shop, so it's not that far off. It makes budgeting a lot easier too.

Not sure on the excess....

Comment

True, but no depreciation, no one-off costs for breakdowns, no break down cover, no new tyres and no visits to the body shop, so it's not that far off. It makes budgeting a lot easier too.

Not sure on the excess....
                  i'd find out!lol,so wot u takin out first?i'd be wantang the mustang convertible or maybe the bmw z1

Comment

i'd find out!lol,so wot u takin out first?i'd be wantang the mustang convertible or maybe the bmw z1
                    Could be a plan.....

They started the Mustang whilst I was there this morning. It sounded amazing.

Bizarrely, I really want a go in the 912, maybe the S2000 and the Elan.

I expect I'll use the P6, Dolly and PT Cruiser the most though, to keep hold of my points. I have no desire for Bentleys or Rollers but might have the occasional blast in one of the new, quick ones from time to time...

Comment

looks like a brilliant plan if you dont need a car all of the time.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

WOT NO SURFS CANT GO OFF ROADING IN CARS LIKE THAT

Comment

Oh, hello, they've put it up on their site. Looks good, I want it back

http://www.classiccarclub.co.uk/cars/mg_zt.asp

Comment

Oh, hello, they've put it up on their site. Looks good, I want it back

http://www.classiccarclub.co.uk/cars/mg_zt.asp

band 1 you could prob drive it and they pay tax and insurance lolol

Comment

Working...
                            X