X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    out..much better in the rain.........
    Gra 'water diviner' haine

Just uploading my pics to photobucket. The trip home was the most buttock clenching part of the weekend. You'll see why when I upload photos - or if any of you drove through Welshpool on the way home.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

yup !! me and plumb bob asked a tractor driver if he thought we would do it...........................a nd we did mate !!!
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

On the way home we drove through a village at the bottom of a valley and at the edge of a resevoir/ lake. There was so much water, you couldnt see where the resevoir ended and the road began, it was like the lost city if Antlatis. Peeps were taking picturesof us going through. cool
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

yup !! me and plumb bob asked a tractor driver if he thought we would do it...........................a nd we did mate !!!
          did you guys see us going the other way bout 1/2 hour after we slplit up? we saw u
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Our bow-wave bounced that Rover 45 that was floating back end up into the hedge. We followed a farmer in an old Landy through. When he got to the bridge at the other end, he opened his door and a torrent flooded out. Water up the doors of the Surf and the seals didn't let anything in

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Our bow-wave bounced that Rover 45 that was floating back end up into the hedge. We followed a farmer in an old Landy through. When he got to the bridge at the other end, he opened his door and a torrent flooded out. Water up the doors of the Surf and the seals didn't let anything in
              See now that just unfair, the Landy's don't have luxuries like door seals.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                plum bob went through and it loked quite shallow,but.......at one stage his bow wave (in the middle) was well over his doors,but we didnt see a floating rover...must have been another flood,there were plenty of em.
                (but after strata and happy valley no river was to deep (or mountain high)
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

This one went from the Weshpool bypass to the railway bridge heading east. Big signs and the road blocked off, but the diversion was solid with traffic so we thought we'd take a look.

About a mile of flood around 24"-30" deep, with a bit at the end which must have been easily 36" deep. The start of it (probably near the path of the river) was flowing pretty hard across the road about a foot deep for about 30-40 yards

Pics nearly uploaded!

Comment

i'll go get a cuppa brewing, have a fag and come back in a little while...................anyone get any pics of the ......ahem......jeep recovery ???
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Some more...

Boyo fails to get us lost in the forest...

Growler flies out of the bombhole to the sound of various crunching metally clangs.

Andrew adds a little water to his gin-palace

Goran decides driving over the big rock is preferable to flipping over

Surfers fill their underpants

There's Lovely! Descending the easy side of Happy Valley into sunlight

"RRAAAAAARRRR!!!!!"

We do this shot EVERY trip dont we?

PB looking for a puddle to drop in to

Idiots on tour

The circle of love is nearly complete

Scene from Alien

Ooooh, a little hole
                      Last edited by Apache; 5 October 2008, 20:55.

Comment

"surfers fill their underpants" does no justice whatsoever to quite haow goddamm scary that was mate.......the thought of it will probably make me sit bolt upright, in a cold sweat at 3 am one morning !!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

"surfers fill their underpants" does no justice whatsoever to quite haow goddamm scary that was mate.......the thought of it will probably make me sit bolt upright, in a cold sweat at 3 am one morning !!
                          its better than any lacsative (I thnk thats how u spell it) when your bunged up.
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

pics are superb, more more.....
                            Alan

Comment

Growler flies out of the bombhole to the sound of various crunching metally clangs.

Nice one andy, Only thing i can see marked at moment is bottom of centre struts on bullbar, but will have proper look next weekend when i get home again.

Any chance you could email me the original ? need a new background for works PC

Comment

check you trans bashplate, usually gets a wee push about after things like that.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X