Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plug light coming on for 1 sec

Hi,
    I have been getting starting problems especially in the mornings. I noticed that the glow plug light comes on for only a second. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mine too, but it always starts first time, so i ignore it
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

First thing I'd do is fill in your vehicle details, it helps us give you the correct advice.

Second thing to do is take the fuel filter off and fill it with Redex or ATF, that'll clean out the pump and injectors.

Ignore the light, afik it doesn't really mean anything.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The light dose'nt stay on long but the glow pluge are heating longer, you'll hear the relay click then the ign on buzzer/ annoying high tone noise comes on then crank the motor, useually only have to do this when cold but if it still has probs starting run some redex/atf through it several times,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

My 2.4 used to have the light on for a few seconds, then the click of the relay and beep, and it would start on the button (mechanical fuel pump?)...

The 3.0 light flashes on for a second, then a few seconds later the relay clicks, no beep though - and it labours to start (electronic fuel pump?)

My injectors need cleaning/replacing and that should aid the starting, as it takes a few seconds to get it going....but, the engine is coming out in a few weeks......
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
          X