Bumper Drop Bracket Drawing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Drop Bracket Drawing

Has anyone got a drawing of the brackets needed to refit the bumper after a 2" body lift please? I have all the other bits including the rad drop brackets (which it seems I don't need). Just missing the bumper brackets. I'd like to have everything ready before I start!

Also can anyone confirm the lift bolt sizes? I was informed rear are 170mm x 4, middle 140mm x 4 and front 130mm x 2, but I've now read the 4 middle bolts should be 150mm long?

Thanks for any help.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I made mine from 4mm thick mild steel plate, 100mm X 100mm. Hole centres are 70mm. For a snug fit under the grille, I drilled the new holes 65mm up from the originals.
    You'll need to grind a notch out of one side though, see photo........

p.s. click on photo to enlarge.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 30 September 2008, 13:58.

Comment

Ive just done a lift on mine,

I used 180mm bolts for the back 2 mounts (x4 total) where they go through the rubbers. 150mm for the next 2 (x4 total), and for the front one i re-used one of the stock bolts (x2 total) from the rear.

Bolts were all 12mm..if you are using 12mm (which people recommended) dont forget a 12mm drill as all the washers, the steel spacer inside the rubber mounts and the steel on the rubber mounts themselves has to be drilled. A vice is also handy.

Other than that its was pretty straight forward, my top hose looks a little pulled tight, so i may drop the rad in the future..not drastic at the mo tho. My steering went tight too..this was resolved by loosening the joint in the steering, releasing the tension the re-tightening.

Bumper brackets were just a piece of bar drilled mountings at 50mm. A flange on the bumper had to be ground off.

hope this helps..Nik.

Comment

Cheers gents. Bumper mod pic was just what I was after. I'm a bit pee'd off about the bolt lengths though, I asked a while ago for sizes and the lengths I've stated in the first post were the one's recommended. Now it seems that the middle one's I got my boss to order are no use at 140mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
          Cheers gents. Bumper mod pic was just what I was after. I'm a bit pee'd off about the bolt lengths though, I asked a while ago for sizes and the lengths I've stated in the first post were the one's recommended. Now it seems that the middle one's I got my boss to order are no use at 140mm?
          The 140's are fine. I used 130, 130, 140, 180, 180 (f-r)
          For some reason rather than making simple plates for the bumper I decided to cut and shut the existing ones to extend them 2".... Not sure why really.
          Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Thanks Jonny77. I've just read again the body lift post on the Oz site and it seems my bolt sizes are correct and you've also put my mind at rest! (Just as well as I don't think my gaffer would be too impressed if I told him I had ordered the wrong ones!)
            Last edited by Scorpion; 30 September 2008, 19:12.

Comment

Working...
            X