Side exit exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooo do i like that!!

my exhaust currently has 4 holes, not including the big one at the end! had a quote today for a fabricator to do a full stainless system for £400 +vat, but if i can do it meself from bits that'd be wayyy cheaper. is there any welding involved, or just lots of clamps?

i need to go from the downpipe back really. wonder what bits are needed?

anyone fancy a bodylift+suspension lift+exhaust fit day???

Mart
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Pipewrex will do you sleve'd ends i believe so you can clamp em it's the manififold joint thats the bugga (unless your just going to the flexy)
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i think my flexi may be knackered too though.

any clue's what i'd need to do the full job, with a side exit like this one?

I'm getting the hang of tinkering with my truck at the mo. first the bodylift, next the sus lift, and now i want to make a new exhaust!

very exciting.

Martin
        Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

hay johnny , i got mine sorted last weekend same parts as yours looks good and sounds ok .
          john
          i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

Originally posted by johnd View Post
            hay johnny , i got mine sorted last weekend same parts as yours looks good and sounds ok .
            john

Nice one!
            Much cheaper and lighter than a 'proper' one too!
            Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Ressurected to ask a question!

An old resurrected post I found on search... I dont have an exhaust at the moment so looking to do something similar.

When fitting a side exit like this with a custom silencer does the flexi section need to retain the flexi part or can that part be binned? The reason I ask is that my flexi is knackered but has some ok metal in front of the flex section.

I guess the answer is that it needs to remain to stop vibration / movement from the engine transfering down the length of the pipe? If thats the case Ill add one to the shopping list!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayside View Post
                An old resurrected post I found on search... I dont have an exhaust at the moment so looking to do something similar.

When fitting a side exit like this with a custom silencer does the flexi section need to retain the flexi part or can that part be binned? The reason I ask is that my flexi is knackered but has some ok metal in front of the flex section.

I guess the answer is that it needs to remain to stop vibration / movement from the engine transfering down the length of the pipe? If thats the case Ill add one to the shopping list!
                Your right, it does really need it, as you say vibration over a period will start fractures, when i did mine i got the straight through box and flexi from " Pipewerx" wasn't very expensive,
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Keep forgetting your just round the corner!

My flexi is knackered so will prob have to get a new one or get a replacement and fit it further up the pipe nearere the cross member mount... Ill see which option is cheaper!

Think I have found a Powerflow silencer in stainless on ebay for a fiver! Ill take a look at Pipewerx in a mo.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_4838wt_936

i got these from greece - cheap enough and qualitys pretty good - stainless as well. if your clamping the whole thing stainless will last lots longer.

theres more pics on the lexurf V thread if you need a better look.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers Gary Ill take a look.

Just won a Powerflow stainless silencer very little use (bloke said it was only on his car a matter of weeks) for £16! Just need pipes and clamps and Ill be away!

Comment

Working...
                      X