Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All done, finally!

Sorted my vibration problem today.

Chillit brought me a prop last thursday, so I thought I'd be lazy and just fit that one. Did it, vibration even worse! (Charlie, you need to replace that rear UJ before you use that prop. Its worse than mine!!)

So, took out rear UJ on my own prop (one of the bearings had been getting very hot) and this is what we found.

Most of the needle bearings had been ground to dust, and what remained just fell out bent and flattened. The grease channel to that particular bearing was filled solid with crap which took a lot of effort with a screwdriver to remove! This is one of the other bearings for comparison.

So, I set about removing Chillits prop and refitting my own freshly serviced one while 'spanner dave' set about replacing ALL of the belts including the timing belt.

While he was doing that, I started removing the front passenger side drive shaft to replace an inner CV boot.

All now done. That means in the last few weeks, she's had new front wheel bearings, new CV boots round freshly packed UJs all round, new propshaft UJs, all new belts, a new drivers side upper wishbone balljoint, and a rebushed front ARB!

The truck now drives as sweet as a nut!

WE WILL BE COMING TO WALES!!!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

good stuff
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Ooops! I never noticed.....
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Its probably worse on a lifted truck as the prop angles will be steeper. The diff end on yours only moves 20 degrees or so in one dimension.

Comment

thank christ your going mate....................i need another truck to sling this tarpauilin over......the weather forecastis ...ahem....interesting.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Its probably worse on a lifted truck as the prop angles will be steeper. The diff end on yours only moves 20 degrees or so in one dimension.
            I didn't even check it as I thought it had been fine on mine!! Sorry to mess you about. I'm paranoid now, going to mad with checking and greasing tomorrow on the new truck tomorrow....
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Hehehe, no worries mate, it was brilliant of you to bring it over! It probably just wouldn't have shown on your old truck as the angle of the prop was probably not as steep. Worth rebuilding as a spare though for the sake of a tenners worth of new UJ.

Comment

Working...
              X