yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to rebuild 2nd hand Aisin Hubs? kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to rebuild 2nd hand Aisin Hubs? kit?

Mornin' all
    Ordered a set of free wheeling hubs from Dirtoyboy on Yotatech as my brother was visiting his girlfriend in the states a couple of months ago.
    He suggested that I also order a rebuilding kit to go with them. It was about $10 so thought why not, I'll take his advice and do things properly.

Brother got back from the states with my parcel which contained the hubs and no rebuilding kit. Dropped a PM to Collier (Dirtoyboy) to let him know that they weren't inside and asked if he could send them to me in the UK or to the address for my brothers girlfriend in NY as he had before. We had chatted over PM before and I was planning on buying some other bits and pieces over time and he seemed pleasant enough.
    I haven't heard anything back from him. Have dropped him around 4 polite PM's asking for him to come back to me and have heard nothing even though he is online a great deal.
    Asshole

So 2 things. Don't deal with Captain ####wit dirtoyboy and is it necessary to rebuild the hiubs before fitting? If so can you get these kits over here?

They are pretty bulletproof but it would be advisable to strip them down, clean and re-grease (there's a rebuild guide here http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/mainte...d/hub_rebuild/ ). Really all that might need replacing is the o-ring in the selector dial and the gasket where they bolt on to the hub. As the hubs are Toyota o.e. fit all the parts are available from a Toy dealer or you might find that Roughtrax do them.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Cool, thanks GD

Comment

The Aisin excerpt here might be of some use. It may differ slightly, but should still be close enough if so.

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=7

Comment

Working...
        X