i use all the above
      plus a few others
      norton was the best out there...... its poo now
      All at the same time?
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Rod,

Once SP3 finally uploaded did you find everything was working OK on the computer? I was talking to one of my TT team mates last night and she had a problem after loading SP3 in that it stopped all her USB ports working. Apparently it a bug in the SP3 update. Anyone come across this yet?
        Mike G

Comment

Re

SP3 is only basically a culmination of all the recent hotfixes and patches etc.

If you have been using windows update regulary then you won't have gotten all that much new in service pack 3.

Try "not" to use too many security programs on your PC, it is counter productive and will cause windows to struggle.

One good Anti Virus and maybe a Anti Spyware program.

Recommend "Symantec Endpoint Protection" it is a VERY good all rounder and I have been using it for 9 months with NO probs.

Steer clear of Norton Security, McAfee Security etc.

They will bugger up your system sooner or later!

You do not need a firewall as the one built into XP & Vista is VERY good.

Gary

M.C.P. M.C.T.S. M.C.I.T.P. Enterprise M.C.S.A. Security +

Comment

I had a few 'glitches' after installing SP3, but after a few more downloaded updates things seem to have settled down.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Everything seems to be working ok.

Ive not tested USB ports yet. Ive just downloaded an installed another update after yesterdays SP3.

Comment

Anyone who hasn't installed SP3, I wouldn't bother. It's full of glitches and there are pages and pages out there about the problems it has caused various users. It's a large file too taking up memory that can be better used . . . and it contains the windows genuine advantage . . . which even reports genuine copies as being moody.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn View Post
                  All at the same time?
                  i use 3 at the same time but its a very fine art to master
                  but yes i do have all of them installed but not the norton its a bully with the others
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
                    SP3 is only basically a culmination of all the recent hotfixes and patches etc.

If you have been using windows update regulary then you won't have gotten all that much new in service pack 3.

Try "not" to use too many security programs on your PC, it is counter productive and will cause windows to struggle.

One good Anti Virus and maybe a Anti Spyware program.

Recommend "Symantec Endpoint Protection" it is a VERY good all rounder and I have been using it for 9 months with NO probs.

Steer clear of Norton Security, McAfee Security etc.

They will bugger up your system sooner or later!

You do not need a firewall as the one built into XP & Vista is VERY good.

Gary

M.C.P. M.C.T.S. M.C.I.T.P. Enterprise M.C.S.A. Security +

After using various anti-virus software I would get rid of

AVG
                    Norton

reason - both are too resource hungry.

The best 'home software' found to-date is either NOD32 or Spy Doctor, with Spy Doctor coming out the best (this has found stuff that none of the other engines have found - even after updating their rootkit etc). I also use Spybot S&D as the 'teatimer' running in the background prompts you for acceptance of changes to your systems registry and other programs to be run.

Many viruses are now targetting Norton, AVG and the 'root' of the OS.
                    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo View Post
                      After using various anti-virus software I would get rid of

AVG
                      Norton

as both are too resource hungry.
                      The best 'home software' found to-date is either NOD32 or Spy Doctor, with Spy Doctor coming out the best (this has found stuff that none of the other engines have found - even after updating their rootkit etc).

Many viruses are now targetting Norton, AVG and the 'root' of the OS
                      well said
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                      X