What have i gone and done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have i gone and done

Been thinking about it for a while now and in a rash moment i announced i was going to pack up smoking after our week in a caravan (could'nt face packing up before) well first days nearly over, on me second patch (first one i found stuck to my T shirt) and i could murder a fag, starting to wish to f##k i'd kept my mouth shut, i can see me getting proper ratty, when will i learn to think before gobbing off
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

keep the faith ian.................kinell its hard though. but by end of day 2 you will probably be surprised at how much easier it is.keep busy mate...build a pneumatic ramp for your side, or do some electrics........
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      keep the faith ian.................kinell its hard though. but by end of day 2 you will probably be surprised at how much easier it is.keep busy mate...build a pneumatic ramp for your side, or do some electrics........
      Aye! i thought i'd hoover the truck for summat to do but i'd finished it in no time at all cos i was'nt stopping for a fag

Comment

Hang on in there Ian, the patches DO work, I know because that's how I gave up

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

The patches do work a treat.If you stick one over each eye you cant find your fags
          I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa View Post
            The patches do work a treat.If you stick one over each eye you cant find your fags

but also.....them patches are bl00dy hard to light
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If I wanted to start smoking, should I start with the patches and work my way up??

Comment

The first 9 months are the hardest

Go to your Doc's and ask for help there, I stopped smoking last December,
                and not had one since, feel a lot better too, a new treatment tried on me were called CHAMPIX, a script only, but they DO WORK. Go on, they won't kill you, smoking will !!!! Savings of £38.00 p/w will make running a Surf a bit easier too. Wifey has nearly stopped as well, down to 2 a day now.
                If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Hi Popeye,

It's hard going I am on my fourth day now without a roll up. I am using the nicorette inhalator. I got to say that it is a dam silly looking thing but it does mimic smoking and if you suck hard enough you even cough like you have had a good old draw of your fav brand...

Good luck...

Comment

I always intend to smoke the one the says smoking when pregnant may harm your baby as i never intend to get pregnant so i will be fine
                    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

not wishing to boast, but i stopped 10 years ago cold turkey, however i used to smoke cafe' creme cigars and am convinced that they did not contain the crap thats put in cigarettes which i think makes giving them up so hard, when ever i walk past someone who is smoking cigars, i remember that smell as you light up and take the first drag but i don't miss it one little bit, believe me over a period of time giving up will be well worth it.

Comment

good for you ian,wish i had the will power

Comment

I still miss rollies after giving up 6 years ago ........ and love the smell of a freshly opened pouch of bacci .

Then again i got scared into giving up as had unknowingly got a partically colapsed lung and a bad chest infection ............. yes i thought i had the big c.

Go see the doc as they have more than just patches
                          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                            Been thinking about it for a while now and in a rash moment i announced i was going to pack up smoking after our week in a caravan (could'nt face packing up before) well first days nearly over, on me second patch (first one i found stuck to my T shirt) and i could murder a fag, starting to wish to f##k i'd kept my mouth shut, i can see me getting proper ratty, when will i learn to think before gobbing off
                            Just do what I do Ian. I love smoking, but occasionally 'give up' to prove a point, i.e: I'm a stubborn ba****d. I just spend all my time being extremely nasty to everyone. Guaranteed, our Gert forces me to start smoking again before the day is out.

Comment

Same as that Matt, found my wife even more annoying yesterday, she had the bl00dy nerve to ask if i wanted a cup of tea!!! told here where to go, she wont ask again, cow!
                              yeah i went to the docs before the holiday who do an quit smoking clinic, i saw those plastic tube immatation fags things but did'nt fancy standing outside the club with all the other smokers with that so went for the patches "again" this morning i feel hot, dizzy, a spliting head ache, in a word cr@p!
                              it was'nt so much the money as i useually got my baccy from a guy that get's it from spain (£5 a pouch) and to "bolster" it out i mixed it with some cheapo asda german baccy called bayside, virgina and mixed, so a pouch of GV plus one each of bayside was nearly lasting a month, theres just nothing to replace a fag really, that first one in the morning with ya cup o tea,
                              anyway we'll see how it goes, i should have been put of after spending a week on hospital after an astma attack (the only one i ever had) and seeing some of the poor sods in there, but two months out and you start to justify haveing a fag by saying to yourself i'll just have the odd one now and again,
                              Last edited by POPEYE; 24 September 2008, 08:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X