nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Originally posted by dabigman
    does nitrous work on diesels?
    Who nos?
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Who nos?
      i can't see why it shouldn't, but wasn't sure... i'm gonna make meself a kit and find out!

Comment

YES! and with much better results for a given power increase than a petrol engine, as a diesel does not have an ignition system like a petrol engine and consequently the power output is not reduced by a poor condition ignition system, also the timing of the ignition sequence is not as crucial on a diesel which not only helps the power output, but also reliability.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

does nitrous work on diesels?
          now that i'm not to sure about..........though there must be a good laugh in there somewhere.............. heehee

see ya'll
          Planty

Comment

i've just looked it up... they reckon that because the extra fuel pump is not needed and some other parts, it's cheaper too!!

might look at a 50hp boost... nice!
            get some extra smoke on the lights!

Comment

i can't see why it shouldn't, but wasn't sure... i'm gonna make meself a kit and find out!
              I bet you played with home made gunpowder, weedkiller and sugar, bolt bangers and molatov cocktails, when you were a kid
              I did
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                I bet you played with home made gunpowder, weedkiller and sugar, bolt bangers and molatov cocktails, when you were a kid
                I did
                my mates dad wouldn't weld the bolt in the end of our cannon... so we had to bodge it ourselves... which was dodgy! nearly took the tanker out with the bridge!

and never under estimate the power of the crow scarers! all the other kids had bog standard bangers... we had a farm account!

Comment

Crow scarers and galvanised water pipe. A broken light bulb, two end caps and a 50M reel of bellwire mmmmmmmmmmm................... .Airborne tree stumps!
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

The chemical value of Nos is not good for a diesel engine. even though it is possible.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                      The chemical value of Nos is not good for a diesel engine. even though it is possible.
                      why's that?

Comment

With a petrol engine detonation can soon become a limiting factor to the power output, but as far as I can tell this is not the case on a diesel as they actually run on detonation and as a consequence are built stronger which is another reliability bonus. The biggest advantage of a diesel over a petrol engine is the diesels lack of acceleration ability, but with N20 injection this shortcoming is dis*proportionately improved. Cost is another area where a diesel has an advantage over an equivalent petrol engine, as the basic N20 systems for a diesel does not need a filet control system as a petrol engine does, which reduces the cost of a similar diesel system by approx £100. The only limiting factor is how much fuel the engine wastes, and how much extra can be added.
                        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                        My choice
                        Back off

Comment

Yeah,it does,saw something on 5th Gear the other night about a VW Golf 1.7diesel(with a Nitro kit).It was racing against a Honda NSX,gave it a run for it's money too.The mind boggles what would happen with a nitro kit in a 3ltr Surf!!!!