Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Following Instructions

Afternoon All,

Just thought I'd put a quick hello up (Hopefully in accordance with the forum rules.)

I've already met a few of you at this years SRTTS, I'm Andy's (Growler's) son, and after having a good weekend in Cornwall I'm looking at the possibility of turning up in my own 'lux next year.

Over the next few months I'm hoping to be in a position to buy a Hilux, either Surf or Pickup, with the intention of using it for off roading and eventually as the tow vehicle for a Clio 172.

At the moment insurance seems to be the biggest PITA, as with a couple of others on here, hence looking at the pickup which should receive commercial insurance. I had a quote earlier for a 3.0TD surf (worth £2000) and was presented with a figure just £50 short of £7000.

So I'll spend most of my time lurking about looking at prices and deciding for myself "Manual or Auto".

Cheers,
    Mike

Originally posted by Little Richie View Post
    Afternoon All,

Just thought I'd put a quick hello up (Hopefully in accordance with the forum rules.)

I've already met a few of you at this years SRTTS, I'm Andy's (Growler's) son, and after having a good weekend in Cornwall I'm looking at the possibility of turning up in my own 'lux next year.

Over the next few months I'm hoping to be in a position to buy a Hilux, either Surf or Pickup, with the intention of using it for off roading and eventually as the tow vehicle for a Clio 172.

At the moment insurance seems to be the biggest PITA, as with a couple of others on here, hence looking at the pickup which should receive commercial insurance. I had a quote earlier for a 3.0TD surf (worth £2000) and was presented with a figure just £50 short of £7000.

So I'll spend most of my time lurking about looking at prices and deciding for myself "Manual or Auto".

Cheers,
    Mike

welcome matey

how old are you age matters with insurance
    an ssrg is group 19 insurance well mine is
    a ssrx is group 17 or so my insurance told me
    a 4runner is just the same has a surf but uk model
    thats a group 12 insurance
    big differance mate when it comes to insurance
    i payed through the nose five years ago when i first past my test and got the surf
    shop around mate get quotes on a toyots 4runner ya will see the differance
    dont use one place
    i my self used the same has my dad it was them that told me 2800 quid
    i put up with them till last year when they told me 1900 quid
    i only went to 2 other placers its not 665 quid
    just shop around mate its worth it

any how i hope to see ya on next years rtts i could not make it this year
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

welcome mate...

Like Judwak said get a quote for a 4-runner a non import will deffo be cheaper..

Anyway welcome to the forum and hopefully u can cruise ur own surf soon..
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Thank you for the welcomes

I'm 20 at the moment...21 in a few weeks, which apparently helps with some insurance companies and I won't be buying till next year so that should help.

I know shopping around is the key with insurance, might also have to look at moving my NCD off the fiesta and on to the surf or look at TPFT (although i'd rather not after my last experience) to try and improve things.

At this rate, I'll be buying the truck, making a few modifications and then be saving for the insurance.

Comment

Thank you for the welcomes

I'm 20 at the moment...21 in a few weeks, which apparently helps with some insurance companies and I won't be buying till next year so that should help.

I know shopping around is the key with insurance, might also have to look at moving my NCD off the fiesta and on to the surf or look at TPFT (although i'd rather not after my last experience) to try and improve things.

At this rate, I'll be buying the truck, making a few modifications and then be saving for the insurance.

try adrian flux and virgin.
            although virgin class the 3.0 a high risk import compared to the same model 2.4 version

have you got any no claims bonus? if you havnt i would suggest finding some way of working towards one ASAP..
            even if it means insuring some random 1.0 fiesta, even if your not driving it. that 7k quote is mental.
            someone had too much coffee that morning to get to that figure.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Yeah, I'm on 2 years at the moment.

Even with those Direct Line wanted £715 to insure a 1.25 fiesta TPFT. (Which I'm driving at the moment).

That quote came back from confused.com - I know they're not accurate but they usually give me decent ball park figures to play around with.

When the time comes to insure it I'll phone around and try to play them off against each other. I think buying the truck could be the first priority and then look at insuring it by any means necessary afterwards.

Comment

Yeah, I'm on 2 years at the moment.

Even with those Direct Line wanted £715 to insure a 1.25 fiesta TPFT. (Which I'm driving at the moment).

That quote came back from confused.com - I know they're not accurate but they usually give me decent ball park figures to play around with.

When the time comes to insure it I'll phone around and try to play them off against each other. I think buying the truck could be the first priority and then look at insuring it by any means necessary afterwards.
                just keep looking and you will find something.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Hi mate hows tricks.
                  if you want a cheap 3l then have a chat with flashinthepan on here.I am trying to sort funds to buy his truck at the mo but its well worth it if you can get it for what he's asking
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi Rich,

I've asked for some pics, but I reckon i'll be in the same boat as you with not having the cash available at the moment. But i'll have a look and see what I can come up with.

Cheers,
                    Mike

Comment

Nooooooooo!!!! I wont be the youngest

Ok... on a more serious note! Hello!!

Ive been driving these things since i was 17, Im now 21 an my insurance for this year on my heavily modded truck is £651 TPFT

Adrian flux.... simple!

Comment

Adrian Flux are hideously expensive!

Check out some quotes on www.moneysupermarket.com AND www.confused.com - don't stick to just one comparison site.

I ended up paying £312 for fully comprehensive insurance, with NO excess. Company is e-Car Insurance.

Mind you, I have 6 years NCD due to a cock-up by my previous insurers (I should only have 2 or 3!).

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                          Nooooooooo!!!! I wont be the youngest

Ok... on a more serious note! Hello!!

Ive been driving these things since i was 17, Im now 21 an my insurance for this year on my heavily modded truck is £651 TPFT

Adrian flux.... simple!
                          Rod my insurance on the shedrover v8 on a 3000 mile a year policy full comp
                          £67. yep that's right six seven lol

Surf is £240 with flux full comp a 4runner would only have been £130
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by MadcapMagician View Post
                            Adrian Flux are hideously expensive!

Check out some quotes on www.moneysupermarket.com AND www.confused.com - don't stick to just one comparison site.

I ended up paying £312 for fully comprehensive insurance, with NO excess. Company is e-Car Insurance.

Mind you, I have 6 years NCD due to a cock-up by my previous insurers (I should only have 2 or 3!).
                            Confused.com didn't even give a Hilux surf as an option when i last checked.
                            Plus i needed an insurance company that wouldn't kill me over the modifications.

A 4runner an Surf might be pretty much the same but as far as an insurance company is concerned they are totally different.
                            If someone insures there surf under a 4runner the insurance is invalid an worth f**k all.
                            Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Rod my insurance on the shedrover v8 on a 3000 mile a year policy full comp
                            £67. yep that's right six seven lol

Surf is £240 with flux full comp a 4runner would only have been £130
                            £67......

That is ****** **** * * ** * *** cheap!!!!!!!! Thats crazy!! Lucky B*rstard!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                              Confused.com didn't even give a Hilux surf as an option when i last checked.
                              Plus i needed an insurance company that wouldn't kill me over the modifications.

A 4runner an Surf might be pretty much the same but as far as an insurance company is concerned they are totally different.
                              If someone insures there surf under a 4runner the insurance is invalid an worth f**k all.

£67......

That is ****** **** * * ** * *** cheap!!!!!!!! Thats crazy!! Lucky B*rstard!!!!
                              they calculate the average annual mileage of the renge rover u see lolololol

Comment

Working...
                              X