Inline ATF temp sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inline ATF temp sender

I couldn't buy one for 3/8" ID hose, so I made this.

The body is from 1 1/2" square ally bar. The hose fittings are from a PC watercooling kit and are 3/8" BSP threaded into the block. The temp sender sits in the 15mm diameter chamber between the barbed hose fittings. All I need to do now is mount the gauge and I'll know how effective my ATF cooler is I also have a turbo gauge to fit too

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

That looks very tidy.

Comment

Cheers mate. Didn't take too long to knock up either, once I'd bought BSP tap, NPT tap, 15mm HSS drill, 4 jaw independent chuck...

Its only cost me about £100

Still, I've got the stuff now, and about 10ft of 1.5" and 2" square ally bar to play with.

Comment

top stuff!
        if you have all that left overs, may be you could knock up some and flog them to re-coop.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

*cough* recoup *cough*

Comment

I didn't pay for it. I have a mate who's bro gets me offcuts. He works somewhere they make bits for ProDrive.

The gauge was about £15 (inc sender), the hose tails were about £2 each, so not bad if you dont count the tooling.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              *cough* recoup *cough*
              sorry! didnt know how to spell that one!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                All I need to do now is mount the gauge and I'll know how effective my ATF cooler is I also have a turbo gauge to fit too
                Don't forget to ground the sender.

Nev

Comment

I still have to drill two holes through the square part of the block, then it will be bolted to a chassis or bodywork component, and should ground through that.

Comment

It might be worthwhile running a completely separate ground wire to it Andy. If it's owt like the coolant system, poorly earthed copper/brass/aluminium won't last long in the flow. I would assume the ATF doesn't create the same scenario, but you can't be too cautious.

Comment

'spose so. Wont hurt to make up an eyelet to fit between the sensor and the block...

Comment

Working...
                      X