Oh CRA P!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh CRA P!!!!

Not only have I got this ###### vibration somewhere in the drivetrain, my rear window has gone belly up too! The motor is working, the window isn't moving, and there's a 'bzzzz clunk' noise coming from it.

Is this the start of the money pit?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Sounds like the gear has probably debonded. Scorpion, (nee Copycat),'s writeup should get you sorted if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Not only have I got this ###### vibration somewhere in the drivetrain, my rear window has gone belly up too! The motor is working, the window isn't moving, and there's a 'bzzzz clunk' noise coming from it.

mm not good mate, hope it all is not to bad..
      Surely it will be easy fixes..

Good luck with it mate, hope it gets sorted and ain't sucking in money to much...
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

More importantly, I need to get the vibration sorted within two weeks or Wales will be out of the question.

The window can wait. Thanks for the tip though Matt.

Comment

Has the prop been off for any reason lately? I always mark flanges so it goes back on in same position, are UJ's in good greased up condition?
          Check gearbox mounts, you may have broken a bolt.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I had vibration in the drivetrain when one of my rear propshaft UJ's seized up. Despite pumping grease in there it was still knackered and gave a very pronouced vibrartion around the 40-55mph region.
            Mike G

Comment

Thats around the speed I'm getting most vibration Mike. I wonder if thats what's up. I keep them all greased fastidiously, so unless a nipple has been blocked and I haven't been getting grease in.

Prop hasn't been off Alan. Gonna check mounts tomorrow.

Comment

You messed with any suspension components lately..??

I put the LC springs on mine this wkend and ive developed a slight vibration at 18-22mph. Can only surmise it is due to the slight lift the springs have given..??

Comment

Thats around the speed I'm getting most vibration Mike. I wonder if thats what's up. I keep them all greased fastidiously, so unless a nipple has been blocked and I haven't been getting grease in.

Prop hasn't been off Alan. Gonna check mounts tomorrow.
                  The ujs are a bad design. the one grease track leads to all four bearings and if one or two get blocked it will still look as if you are getting grease in but will eventully fail. i had a simular problem and took one to bits. one bearing was fine and the others were dust. show be easy to get the parts depending on which ujs are fooked the double carden shaft UJ is suppost to be non servisable. my old man found this site
                  http://baileymorris.co.uk/product_catalogue.asp and managed to fix mine.

Good luck getting it sorted.
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

may be the teeth have worn away. quickly replace the motor before it fubars the whole mechanism.
                    i replaced my motor, but i think if it was left any more it would have stopped it working even with a new motor..
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

More importantly, I need to get the vibration sorted within two weeks or Wales will be out of the question.

The window can wait. Thanks for the tip though Matt.
                      i had a really really strange vibration from my 2.4..
                      it was only when the gearbox locked up, and only when i was accellerating hard, and the turbo had fully kicked in.
                      the vibration went as soon as my foot was taken off the throttle.

i had the car up on a ramp, looked over the prop, and poked about trying to find something out of place... but nothing.
                      however, ever since having a look, the vibration is completely gone, and the car is dead smooth all the way up to 90.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                      X