The GB gen list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GB gen list

Number one on the GB 'alterations' which needs remedying list.

you could always fill the hole with a speaker.....
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      you could always fill the hole with a speaker.....
      Git. It's classic. There's a total of three struts per side with cartloads of empty space between 'em, and he cuts through the front ones to fit massive whacking speakers. Honestly, some folk....

Comment

What you going to do about it ..............Welding time
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
          What you going to do about it ..............Welding time
          Yup. Got to learn how to weld first though. Nipping to pick my ARC welder up later, and gonna get some practice in, (hopefully).

Comment

But matt...

How are you going to fit in a massive ICE system if you fill in the speaker gaps!!!

only joking!!

Was the speaker behind a grille?! Or is the side panel got a hole in to?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
              Was the speaker behind a grille?! Or is the side panel got a hole in to?
              Side panel too. No matter on that though. With the logeygen having flatter internals than the 2nd gen, the back is gonna be plywood clad eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                Side panel too. No matter on that though. With the logeygen having flatter internals than the 2nd gen, the back is gonna be plywood clad eventually.
                plywood?!?!

Why wood?! Whats wrong with it as is!?

tacky s*d!

Comment

I know i dont keep up with things much and what i do read useually goes straight through but am i understanding it right? you've got GB's old truck and hes hacked all that away for speakers and now you have to put it back together? what'd he use an axe? you got your work cut out there matt, good luck with ya arc dabbing
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

your gonna arc weld that panel up???????.[sucking my lips through my teeth]now that i would like to see,im absolutley useless with manual metal arc welding,but give me a mig or a tig anyday of the week.matt good luck with it buddy.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                      My 1st gen has 1/4" MDF panels with 10" speakers set behind them . I also used the original cubby hole lids in the same place with a 200amp amp inside with a 10 disc CD player. Not metalwork cut and the plastic caps that fits over the side panels is also used . MDF covered in speaker cloth . No speakers visible .
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                        your gonna arc weld that panel up???????.[sucking my lips through my teeth]now that i would like to see,im absolutley useless with manual metal arc welding,but give me a mig or a tig anyday of the week.matt good luck with it buddy.
                        Thats wot i was thinking, i had a hell of a job arc welding my s/s exhaust and that was about 2mm wall, and mostly "on the bench" comfortable working position, would have much preferred mig if i'd had a decent one, but as the bloke said, "you get what you pay for"

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                          tacky s*d!
                          And that comes as a surprise?

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          I know i dont keep up with things much and what i do read useually goes straight through but am i understanding it right? you've got GB's old truck and hes hacked all that away for speakers and now you have to put it back together?
                          That about sums it up.

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                          Cheers. I'm absolutely useless at welding full stop at the moment, so welding it via any method will be an achievement for me. From the slight forays I've had in the past with ARC and MIG, however, ARC seems more natural, in my personal view. Could never get used to wire just appearing from the nozzle. At least you have a tangible rod with ARC.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
                            My 1st gen has 1/4" MDF panels with 10" speakers set behind them . I also used the original cubby hole lids in the same place with a 200amp amp inside with a 10 disc CD player. Not metalwork cut and the plastic caps that fits over the side panels is also used . MDF covered in speaker cloth . No speakers visible .
                            Nice. Must admit, I doubt I'll be putting a sound system in there full stop, so won't need to worry about placement. Need to get those struts sorted though.

Comment

ARC seems more natural, in my personal view. Could never get used to wire just appearing from the nozzle. At least you have a tangible rod with ARC.

Thats my trouble! the wire come out the end ok it was getting it to stick to the metal that was the prob, i'm more used to arc as i worked with a blacksmith for a few years mostly welding with a little forge work, just get the setting down as low as you can (and still get an arc) and dab (sort of spot weld), try it out on some old bits of thin metal, grind clean to get the paint off as you go, get yourself comfortable in the back (which is half the battle)and take your time, pity your so far away or i'd help, dont forget to disconnect the battery earth (s) and an auto darkening helmit is a godsend, and if the slags auto releaseing mind your ear

Comment

Working...
                              X