tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete
    Where's your number plate and illumination for it?
    Pete
    Looks good, bit more American. Do you have a little button you can push when going through speed cameras that makes the plate dissapear?

Seems a good thread to say...

I was following another Surf today and saw the number plate set to the left handside. I've seen that before but not really thought about it much. Was it only done on the models where the spare came mounted on the rear as standard? I guess if you wanted to mount the spare there aftermarket you'd have a bit of trouble rehousing the plate?

Comment

while we're talking of the spare... what determines where the spare is? age, model, spec?

the one i just bought has it underneath (where i'd prefer it) but i've seen loads on the back
      [I][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1993 SSR-X 2.4[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
        while we're talking of the spare... what determines where the spare is? age, model, spec?

the one i just bought has it underneath (where i'd prefer it) but i've seen loads on the back
        In theory its down to spec, SSR-G models have em, the others don't
        In practice its down to what the original owner ordered (we presume) as they can be found on all varients.
        You soon learn that the letters on the back mean very little.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Personally, the tailgate is my favourite part of the truck, love driving around with the rear window open. Never bother with the lock pin on Lindas truck, trucks with no rear spare are even easier.

Tailgate is good for sitting on when out, can carry longer objects easier with a fold down 'gate, and its still a proper truck with it.

In fack, the idea is so good, Land Rover copied it on the freelander, but the door opens sideways once the window is down, so its not really as good. (and I bet LR has more trouble with its electics as they get older than the Toyotas ever had! LD )
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X