2.4td thermostat, + rear window motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4td thermostat, + rear window motor

im after a new 2.4td thermostat for my 2.4, i havnt googled yet, but was wondering if anyone knows where the cheapest reliable place to go is.

also im after a tailgate motor, since i swapped my perfect one from my 2.4 onto my 3.0.
    i dont mind buying one that is broken, provided that its only the rubber that has come away from the metal, and the teeth are in perfect condition.
    (if i get one like this, then i can weld the two metal pieces together and it will never ever go again )

cheers
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

For the thermostat, dealer every time. Don't try saving a few quid on something so intrinsic to the engines well being.

Comment

Roughtrax sell the genuine part thermostat. Get one off them mate.

Also, rear window motor. Welding it up would work but you would need to put something in there to replace the rubber.

Easiest way is to follow copycats guide.

I didn't drill through both metal plates. Only the one that had come free of the rubber, then tapped it an put two screws in. That way it keeps the rubber doing its job of being a shock absorber. If it comes apart again i'll drill at tap through both plates. But im keeping my fingers crossed it wont

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
        Roughtrax sell the genuine part thermostat. Get one off them mate.

Also, rear window motor. Welding it up would work but you would need to put something in there to replace the rubber.

Easiest way is to follow copycats guide.

I didn't drill through both metal plates. Only the one that had come free of the rubber, then tapped it an put two screws in. That way it keeps the rubber doing its job of being a shock absorber. If it comes apart again i'll drill at tap through both plates. But im keeping my fingers crossed it wont

the one i removed from my 2.4 and installed into my 3.0 i welded,
        and i never put anything in to replace the rubber.
        because i can tig weld, i was just as quick as poss, and i just built up the metal to join the two pieces together.
        after each section i sprayed it with water to cool it down and to put the fire out,
        i should of had a small bucket just to put it in but it was ok. i didnt lose much rubber at all and it still spaces it out fine. and its working to this day in my 3.0.
        i dont mind having to do that again providing the teeth are good, and the unit is not water damaged.

i tried to repair the motor out of the 3.0, and i couldnt even get the C clip away from the motor body because it was rusted.
        it wasnt until about an hour of messing about that i then noticed if you looked at each individual tooth there was a V cut into each one, and thats why it wasnt gripping the tailgate mechanism.
        so i binned it!

thanks for the advice on the thermostat. i'll go and puchase!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
        X