Rear recovery point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear recovery point

If i take off my towbar that has a rated hook on it, then what should i be doing about a rear recovery point?

The holes either side of the sub frame are tie down points aren't they? And if towing from there the strap would just push up on the bumper anyway. What have people without ploughs on the back done about this?

Cheers.

One of the Scots bunch has pics of the bumper he made with hooks on somewhere on here, I believe. (Can't remember exactly who it was, offhand).

Comment

This is what I have done.
      I have actually redone it since this pic and the recovery points are now at the same level as the main bar as I now have a body lift, but you get the idea anyway.
      Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

They are not tie downs, they are tow points.

I have used then loads off road and a wee bit of bumper tweaking is no problem, actually just shoves it back where it should be most of the time.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          They are not tie downs, they are tow points.
          No they're not. A tow point would never interfere with any other part ot the vehicle.

Nev

Comment

That's what i thought.

Johnny 77, did you do that yourself?..

I'll have a 2" bodylift at some point too and would really like to get the towbar lost as well.

I'll need to have something fabricated then? Any ideas where to look for someone capable?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
              That's what i thought.

I'll have a 2" bodylift at some point too and would really like to get the towbar lost as well.

I'll need to have something fabricated then? Any ideas where to look for someone capable?
              surfenstein without a doubt

Comment

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=43502

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
                  That's what i thought.

Yes I made it myself. You can use the towbar frame mounts and make up your own bar to suit. Mine sits about 4" higher than where a towbar would be. Expect your quarter bumpers to take a bashing though!

Everyone on here seems to sing Surfensteins praises for fabrication so you could ask him.
                  Personally I prefer to make everything myself, that way I know its right.
                  Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Working...
                  X