Immobiliser help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immobiliser help

Hope someone out there will know the answer to this cos i wasted about 4 hours yesterday trying to work it out!!!!
    I fitted an immobiliser which has 2 disabling circuits, first goes to the fuel pump/cut of solenoid/relay, and the second cuts the feed to the starter relay.
    The starter bit was no problem and i then found the connector on the fuel pump which when pulled apart stops her from getting fuel so figured that was the one!! it had a red with black trace and a plain blue wire, so i cut into the red/black wire after tracing it inside the car, started her up and after about three seconds running she belched out loads of black smoke and died, put wire back to normal and all was fine. Cant find the blue wire to same plug to see if that works. Can anyone tell me where to splice in to stop the fuel supply i.e. which wire is a 12v supply to a fuel relay/solenoid shut off??????
    All this agro and i still have the alarm to install!!!!!
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

immobiliser help

what model/engine

Comment

Sorry

1990 2.4td ssr ltd

Comment

wire it to something else, as the immobiliser can send signals to the fuel pump which confuses everything and it won't work... i got mine to the gear selector instaed, so you can't get it out of drive when the immobiliser's on
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Good idea, cheers!
          Presumably i just interrupt the wiring to the little red button in front of the gearstick????

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf
            Good idea, cheers!
            Presumably i just interrupt the wiring to the little red button in front of the gearstick????
            no that button is manual
            [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

You're right, never pressed it before but realise now it is just a mechanical interlock. So what do you wire it to on the gearbox/ shifter, can you remember where yours is wired???

Comment

You're right, never pressed it before but realise now it is just a mechanical interlock. So what do you wire it to on the gearbox/ shifter, can you remember where yours is wired???
                dunno, the fella at the alarm shop did it for certification.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hope someone out there will know the answer to this cos i wasted about 4 hours yesterday trying to work it out!!!!
                  I fitted an immobiliser which has 2 disabling circuits, first goes to the fuel pump/cut of solenoid/relay, and the second cuts the feed to the starter relay.
                  The starter bit was no problem and i then found the connector on the fuel pump which when pulled apart stops her from getting fuel so figured that was the one!! it had a red with black trace and a plain blue wire, so i cut into the red/black wire after tracing it inside the car, started her up and after about three seconds running she belched out loads of black smoke and died, put wire back to normal and all was fine. Cant find the blue wire to same plug to see if that works. Can anyone tell me where to splice in to stop the fuel supply i.e. which wire is a 12v supply to a fuel relay/solenoid shut off??????
                  All this agro and i still have the alarm to install!!!!!

Sounds like you used the wire direct off the fuel pump?? if so trace it to the relay and find the switched live to the relay and use this wire.
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

Same Problem

I won't go into the detail of why I got to the same place you did - I started another thread on that one. But your problem was the incling I needed to sort out the mess I was in with black smoke etc etc and a newly fitted immobiliser.

I can't be certain of the following - but I reckon I'm pretty close.

The red / trace black wire from the pump goes directly to the ECU. I had an immobiliser fitted two weeks ago and since then black smoke. When I reconnected the original wiring all returned to normal.

My theory is that the red / trace black is not a solenoid fuel cut-off, but a fuel sensor. Cut it and the ECU throws a wobbly and tells the pump to dump full diesel into the engine. In my case I strongly suspect that the additional loop of immobiliser wiring increased the resistance of the sensor (only a few ohms its true) causing the ECU to incorrectly callculate the amount of fuel necessary - ie too dam much.

I'll have a play with it again in a few days to see if I can prove any of this. If there is a moral in this it's don't touch the ECU wiring for alarms unless you are certain you are working on a solenoid.

Many thanks for starting this thread - without it I'm sure I'd still be struggling.

ALl the best.

jon

Comment

You wanted the Black/Yellow one. Me thinks this may help you both.

Rich.

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...torpreheat.jpg
                      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Hi there - was just wondering whether my problem might be related to this - i just had my air con fixed and now everytime i turn it on i get black smoke turning up after the engine has been idling for a few seconds. Turn off the air con and the black smoke stops! Very odd. BUT if the fella who fixed the aircon wired it up wrong then maybe something is now telling the engine it needs more fuel when the air con is turned on? He told me he had to replace the senser (?) and he had "found one that fitted" - not trying to criticise him as he was originally going to fit a new on / off button somewhere on the dash so was quite happy when i found out he hadnt had to do that after all. Thing is i dont want to take it back to him without having done a bit of homework so i can give him some info - he's a nice bloke and was doing his best after all!

Comment

Mr Hankey
                          My surf certainly seems to change its fuelling when you swith the aircon on, there is an instant change in revs (up a bit) and the engine note changes, if its not a genuine sensor it could be giving the wrong signals?????

Comment

The change in revs is because of the extra load of the air con compressor, lots of cars both petrol and diesel do this, my Surf does and and my wifes Focus does it too - theres nothing to worry about there.
                            Cheers

Mart 870

Racing for Thomas

Comment

Working...
                            X