Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smashing & Bashing

Hi folks, Can I pick your brains.

I’m looking for a solution to help me from smashing my tow bar electrics to bits when off the road, can’t do a huge lift at the min.

I have just fitted rear 2 inch spring spacers and wound up the front torsion bars a little. I have ball joint spacers but can’t be bothered to fit them right now.
    Do you reckon the back looks a little hi compared to the front? It’s driving well without the choppy ride so I don’t want to wind the torsion bars up further.

Anyone got a quick (low cost) body armor idea for the front. I’m knocking lumps out of the AC cover. I don’t use the AC but my wife is pregnant again! and she likes it on when she is traveling in the surf due to getting very hot. I’ll get of the A/C one day I reckon.

I am running on my own WVO - biodiesel at the moment at a cost of around £0.30L It is great to be able to drive without worrying about the pumps

All the best and thanks
    Attached Files

towbar electrics are easily solved by fitting the coupling in the rear bumper.as for body armour tel me what you require and it will be fabricated.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
      towbar electrics are easily solved by fitting the coupling in the rear bumper.as for body armour tel me what you require and it will be fabricated.
      Erm - I'd like a winch mount and bash plate please
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
        Erm - I'd like a winch mount and bash plate please
        hiya andy.well it just so happens that the winch mount is sitting in the powder coaters,and a bash plate can be made for you sir,i though you wanted some spring tops? or was i just imagining that?
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

hiya andy.well it just so happens that the winch mount is sitting in the powder coaters,and a bash plate can be made for you sir,i though you wanted some spring tops? or was i just imagining that?
          wahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(bet it dont look as good as mine though)
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hers's my solution for the rear end.

To be honest I've not had a problem at the front, so I haven't needed to modify that end.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I will need some spring tops, but also need a new engine, so a bash plate at the mo would be more useful - what's the damage for the winch mount Mr Surfenvatchfinklestein? The bash plate is necessary as when I fit the winch mount, I have to remove the stock bash plate, as it will be in the way???

Comment

I will need some spring tops, but also need a new engine, so a bash plate at the mo would be more useful - what's the damage for the winch mount Mr Surfenvatchfinklestein? The bash plate is necessary as when I fit the winch mount, I have to remove the stock bash plate, as it will be in the way???
                Andy if you want to bring the spring tops down or get Mark to send to me then we may be able to get them fitted when we do the engine swap
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks people

I've sent you an email surfenstein...

Comment

not sure what the damage is yet mate,just waiting for people to invoice me for steel and coating.will let you know as soon as i do.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Any update?

Comment

Working...
                      X