write off ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• write off ?

someone hit my surf the other day in a car park my insurance told me to get a quote from a repairer they use so i did. and now they have sent an assesor round to check the vehicle out he says garage has quoted £1830 dont know if this includes parts. anyway my question is at what point does it become a write off ? and what are the options if it is ? at the moment its insured for £2500 and the damage dont look that bad to me but im no expert so any advice would be grateful thx colin

generally speaking once repairs go over 50/60%of value,but that wont be your 2500,they will decide the value,but remember if its not that bad you can buy it back(in most cases) for 10% of value ie if they said 2500,u buy for 250 and get a cheque for 2250
    Last edited by darkdezigns; 16 September 2008, 13:38.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Surf. When you say it is insured for £2500 is that an “agreed valuation” with your insurance company or just a figure that you have put on it based upon what you paid for your truck?

Fact is unless the value has been agreed with your insurance company, it will not matter what value you place on your Surf or how much money you may have spent on it or modifications, they will only give you the price of a standard truck and we all know that prices are plummeting, sorry to say but I think your truck will be written off.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Sorry to hear of ya rotten luck bud but when my older Truck was subject of a " kerbside suicide attack" about 2 years ago the Insurance Co wanted to write mine 1990 ssr off (£1750 worth O damage) I told em they could repair it as it wasn't my fault n sure enough that's what they did, Bl00dy good job they did too...
        Stick to ya guns n tell em to repair it .... n Hope this helps
        Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
        Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 16 September 2008, 14:25.
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi i smashed my surf at the start of the year the repair bill was £4000 (con) my ins gave me £2,700 the inspector tried to persuade me just to let the car go that it wasn't worth the £400 buy back (Pratt) so i bought it back and with grill front bumper head light from stormforce and radiator from roughtrax +plus an mot its on the road for about 450 it will always be a Wrightoff cat C but as i don't plan to sell it so wot http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/p...nt=84_1187.jpg http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/p...nt=84_1186.jpg http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/p...nt=84_1192.jpg
          Last edited by steve s; 16 September 2008, 18:00.

Comment

thx for the replys guys will wait to see what the insurance say either way will let you know thx colin

Comment

do you know or can you find out who hit it? if so then there insurance or them will have to pay for the full cost of the repairs. (despite what they may say)

If however they have done a runner and you cant find out who it was then your insurance company will only pay the glasses (i think thats right) list price. In which case it will prob be a write off so do as others have said and buy it back and repair yourself.

Make sure you agree a buy back price for your surf in writing from the cheating barstewards before settlement.

good luck
              If it can be broken it can be fixed

Comment

All that with a bottle of ? what was it it then.
                Only joking ###### great job

Comment

yes but i did the job in 4mins 48 sec

Comment

Working...
                  X