Direct line require a thatcham immobiliser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct line require a thatcham immobiliser

im looking for a quote for my 3rd gen surf as esure dont do imports, so i have tried a couple of comparison sites and only one actually found my model of surf so the rest were useless.

i was happy withan online quote with direct line for £300 ish inc pnc and legal cover fully comp, this was for a 4runner, so i called up and asked if this would be the same quote for a surf, i was going thru my details and i was told i need to have a thatcham approved immobiliser as the surf is regarded as high risk for theft and so unless i had an immobilser fitted they would not insure me for theft.

fookin idiots
    2nd Gen 3.0td, running on waste veg oil

tesco,lifesure and adrianflux are just a few.I am with Flux as they cover all mods old for new and off road use also
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i got a quote of £306 with flux but i need to pay by instalments which i dont think they do.

i may call them tomorrow and see about a discount and tell them i have had a quote of £268 but then they wanted £327 after instalments via interest and a £25 admin fee.

going with flux will give me peace of mind they cover mods.

Comment

Flux do instalments as my renewel is in instalments this year.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

good news then ill call tomorrow and see if i can get it a bit cheaper.

Comment

its must be that fact that iam 33 years old and iam abit loony
            coz mine is £665 for this year

and before any one says you can get cheaper
            that was the cheapest ........£1980 was the highest
            i paid over £2800 when i first got it just after passing my test 5 years ago

i dont know how you lot get it so cheap? and thats with pass plus and a toad alarm and toad immobliser
            Last edited by JUDWAK; 15 September 2008, 20:14.
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I don't mean to rub it in but i am 34 do 20,000 miles a year & declare it for buiseness use. £380 fully comp with a company called tett hamilton.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

flux for £250 fully comp and all mods and future mods.

nice postcode see.....
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

TESCO!!! £656.00 on line!! for a 22 y.o. fully comp (my son) and no alarm req'd, budget £3650.00!!!! many others well over a grand, Mine with Swinton £325.00 with everything (too old and 70pc NCD) I will try tesco next time.
                  If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    flux for £250 fully comp and all mods and future mods.

nice postcode see.....

yes might be my postcode
                    its a sh1t hole round here its full wanna be gansters and crime
                    cant beleave that i pay more coz of these crackheads
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                      TESCO!!! £656.00 on line!! for a 22 y.o. fully comp (my son) and no alarm req'd, budget £3650.00!!!! many others well over a grand, Mine with Swinton £325.00 with everything (too old and 70pc NCD) I will try tesco next time.

Becareful as when I tried Swinton (and if you read their website) they do not cover imports (unless they have changed policy)
                      Gaz

Comment

If it was'nt for theiving little T**TS we would all be better off.
                        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

A-plan at thatchem recognize the surf and you don't need an extra alarm fitted other than the original.all my imports are with them.

Comment

Working...
                          X