Unsure about this engine model #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure about this engine model #?

hey guys, I'm looking at buying a 1993 3.0TD and looking thru auctions i came across this engine model #

VZN130G

The auction says its a 93 3000cc 5speed hilux surf...

I did a search on this website and havent found anything on that, and most of what i see on here are KZN130, or similar.... if the V is just a typo... what does the G mean?

Thanks in advance!
    Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

if i remember correctly the VZN is the 2nd gen 3.0 V6 petrol made around 91 to 93
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

ah darnit... i want the turbo diesel.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that VZN 130 is the PETROL V6... the most powerful of the factory engine options for the 2nd Gen Surf and a smooth and quiet motor... if you can afford the petrol for it

PS just looked at your location, most of the 2nd gen Toyota 4-Runners (Surfs) sold in the USA had the 3.0 V6 Petrol engine.
        Last edited by PDR; 15 September 2008, 09:37.
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
          PS just looked at your location, most of the 2nd gen Toyota 4-Runners (Surfs) sold in the USA had the 3.0 V6 Petrol engine.
          They're starting to import more diesels nowadays, I believe, (but may be wrong). The 3.0L's are now outside of that weird fifteen? year restriction they have in Canada, (or something along those lines).

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
            Yes, I can confirm that VZN 130 is the PETROL V6... the most powerful of the factory engine options for the 2nd Gen Surf and a smooth and quiet motor... if you can afford the petrol for it

I could afford the gas for it... Look at my profile, my current DD is an 86 GMC sierra full size pickup with a 305 V8... I'm looking for something a little more fuel efficient!

Oh, and look at my location a little closer.... I'M FROM CANADA! Thank you very much....

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            They're starting to import more diesels nowadays, I believe, (but may be wrong). The 3.0L's are now outside of that weird fifteen? year restriction they have in Canada, (or something along those lines).
            You're almost 100% correct on that one, the 3.0's started being manufactured in august 93, so they became available for import last month. Trying to jump on that band wagon!

Thanks for the input guys!

Did I mention I'm from Canada? LOL ↓

Comment

so where u from anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by joedude View Post
                VZN130G
                I did a search on this website and havent found anything on that, and most of what i see on here are KZN130, or similar.... if the V is just a typo... what does the G mean?

You will normally get either G or W suffix letter.

G like my Surf means Grand Touring......no wheel arches.

W means wide body.......vehicles fitted with wheel arches.

Comment

Doh you've upset him now the Canadians realy don't like the Americans. I work with a Canadian guy and we all call him American Dave or plastic yank. But he's such a nice guy he just laughs.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Ok, time to clarify things.

I made my comment about the cost of fuel before I spotted your location details. Petrol here in the UK is around £5 ($9.52 Canadian Dollars) per gallon and with a 3.0 V6 petrol doing around 17 mpg around town and low 20’s on the highway, then it is not a viable option for a lot of prospective owners.

I know Canada is NOT the USA and they are very different countries and it is like saying New Zealanders are like Australians (who are about a 1000 miles apart) or the English are like the French because they are only 20 miles apart.

I made mention of the USA trucks as I thought that may be where you where looking to source one from .

I hear that the American’s are moaning about the rising cost of fuel, but it is still a hell of a lot cheaper than we have to pay. What are the current costs like in Canada?
                    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Hahah, I know. I'm not actually offended. Besides, we have better women, Beer, and most of the world actually likes Canada... as opposed to our neighbor to the south. LOL

The V6 4Runner isn't bad on gas, like the numbers show, and going from a vehicle that gets about 13-14 city and 19-20 highway, anything is a step up! I'd still prefer the mileage that a Turbo Diesel gets! With Veg on top of that... I'm in!

The current price of gas where I'm living (a remote part of the country... way way up north) is $1.33/Litre. (that's in CANADIAN dollars ) that's just over twice the price we were paying 3 years ago!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joedude View Post
                        The current price of gas where I'm living (a remote part of the country... way way up north) is $1.33/Litre. (that's in CANADIAN dollars ) that's just over twice the price we were paying 3 years ago!!!!
                        That's still well short of what we gotta fork out here !!!
                        Hi n Welcome by the way ....

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                        X