No announcement yet.

driving abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the headlight sticker things worked, i drove to russia and back with them. The Dutch, Germans Poles and Russians kept flashing at me I thought it was because they liked my motor
    Maybe not Huh!!!!!!
    WD40 "He who Thinks Australian"

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM6
      I thought the headlight sticker things worked, i drove to russia and back with them. The Dutch, Germans Poles and Russians kept flashing at me I thought it was because they liked my motor
      Maybe not Huh!!!!!!
      you werent following JONNY KNOXVILLE was you
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Hi Noggin, I have spent many good years holidaying and driving in France. I find it most relaxing except for the Paris perifirique that is a bit mad and I try to avoid it. French autoroutes and A roads are all geared up with rest areas every 25Km. As for the headlight thingys I honestly do not bother. and unless you plan to do a lot of driving after dark I would forget it an spend the time in the bar or sat outside a nice pavement cafe with a glass of wine watching the world go by. If you want any further advice or wish to talk give me a ring an we can meet up.. I will be over there June/ July this year
        Visit all the Surfin Elkhounds at [url="http://www.malenibo.co.uk/"]www.malenibo.co.uk[/url]

Comment

thanks malenibo
          whereabouts in france you off to?-we're not going too far,just across to concarneau-not too impressed with the start time -0700 from plymouth!
          NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
          'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

i forgot to say i've got the cult video of that guy who did the peripherique on a bike in one go at 125 mph-have you seen it?
            absolute nutter!

Comment

The peripherique is mental. There I was, Volvo Estate and box trailer loaded with records, disco gear etc and a Renault Alpine turbo zips up the inside, a Porche round the outside. When the Alpine driver lifted his foot off the gas and booted it again flames came out of the exhaust!!!

The A roads are great, the B roads are better than our A roads and even the little country roads don't have potholes that can swallow a bus. I want to go back, after too long away, but it is hard work convincing the Mrs that it is better than Skegness!!!!!!
              Highly civilised and the diesel is cheap. They even make you feel welcome at the services on the Autoroute..........and no dodgy half dried out sausages and slices of gravy. You'll love it.
              Donnes moi un boit au vin. (My French spelling is atrocious)
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Just give yourself as much space as you can when you park up...They dont beleive in shunting back and forth to get out of parking spaces they try to move your pride and joy first...

Oh and there`s only one thing wrong with France..

the French
                Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

mmmm..... a renault megane versus a surf.....
                  still i'd rather not risk it

so-has anyone seen the tour de peripherique video?

Comment

Originally posted by nogginthenog

so-has anyone seen the tour de peripherique video?
                    No, but i'd like to!
                    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

i could email it but its 56MB!

Comment

Originally posted by nogginthenog
                        i could email it but its 56MB!
                        Can you host it on the web anywhere???
                        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

i'll try
                          not sure how much personal webspace i 've got
                          will check it out
                          its absolutely nuts!!

Comment

Driving Abroad..Noginthenog

Hello Noginthe nog, iv`e had 24 years of driving Artics in Europe, and done a lot of work in France, even done the odd 30 collection of Vineyards ( Caves ), definitly worth a look.. The bit about the Headlights, dont bother bying anything, as you will get the same effect with Black tape / Sharp Knife..
                            Also dont do what a lot of Brits do, putting the GB sticker on the Right hand side of the rear, it should be on the Left, dont buy one as you can get them free when you book on the Boat / Tunnel. Also I take it your shipping into Cherbourg or St Marlo, just watch your speed, especially on the way Home to the port of exit, you will get the Kermits Flashing there Lights if there is a Speed Trap about, watch for the trucks will give you an idea.. they are right Sneaky *******s them Kermit Koppers. . Have a nice one..Bon Voyage ...
                            Dodgy Dave

Comment

thanks dodgy dave-good advice

Comment

Oh Yeah &

Dont forget a First Aid kit should be carried along with a small fire extingusher, the Light bulb kit & triangle is a must have aswell, & needless to say Passport / Driving License / Green Card should always be carried..
                                Dodgy Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X