Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel leak help required

Hello all.
    Upon starting up my Surf this morning, after about 3 weeks of sitting in my drive, I immedietly noticed a substancial leak under the truck. Upon further investigation I noted it was deisel.
    I located the leak to a part which I have no idea what it is. Its a fuel system component which sits on the right side of the engine bay and has fuel lines connected to it.
    It looks like it has a gasket and the top of the part is secured to the bottom with 4 bolts (allen key fittment)
    Any ideas as to what this component is and any experience of leaks round that area.?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Hello all.
    Upon starting up my Surf this morning, after about 3 weeks of sitting in my drive, I immedietly noticed a substancial leak under the truck. Upon further investigation I noted it was deisel.
    I located the leak to a part which I have no idea what it is. Its a fuel system component which sits on the right side of the engine bay and has fuel lines connected to it.
    It looks like it has a gasket and the top of the part is secured to the bottom with 4 bolts (allen key fittment)
    Any ideas as to what this component is and any experience of leaks round that area.?
    Ah ah, we meet again my friend, the part you describe is the fuel injection pump, It is common for leaks from the lid, it can be renewed in situ but it is awkward.

I have never tried it but stormforce has posted before about adding ATF to the fuel, this apparantly swell's the seal's to stop the leak.

Good luck my friend.
    IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

if i go the route of replacing the seal, is it a DIY job or is it best to leave it to the pros??
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Undo the allen screws and remove the top of the pump, DON'T PULL THIS OFF ALL THE WAY!! Its connected by two wires! just flip it to one side and you'll see the rubber seal. if it's totally flat then replace it. You'll have to maneuver it around the head of the pump and just do the opposite to fit the new one.
        Only takes about 20 mins to half hour

Comment

You can diy, its just awkward, the cover is only a lid on the pump there are no nasty bit's to jump out if you get it off.

Just check the leak off pipe rubber tube is in good con as if this leaks it also goes all over the pump.
          IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

Thanx for all of your help, as always quick replies and knowledgeable advice. I love this forum.
            will have a go.
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
            X