some good news and some bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some good news and some bad news

As Lens family were a bit dis-heartened over the entrance of the paddock being churned up he says he won't be letting the field out anymore to anyone.he did understand that we did our best to drive carefully but he don't want us to fall out over the field if we're there again.

The good news is that i have just got off the phone to Joe the land owner of the off road site and if the price is right then we will be sorted for camping toilets and a kitchen for next year.We will have the choice of a couple of places to stay and one of them is where his stables are and he has got a full kitchen there toilets and showers.The stables are more like a big bungallow and block built so we will have somewhere warm and dry to sit in the evenings and somewhere to cook aswell so we won't even need to go off to a pub unless we wanted to.Extra care will need to be taken here as the stables are used to house race horses and the kitchen etc is mainly for the horse owners but we will have full use of the place.

The other place is just down behind the big mound through Joe's farm in a small paddock which is flat and there is a 30ft caravan there that we can use if needed.he is also going to opening up more woodland in the next year or so,so we will have even more fun once this is all done.
    I will be going down over the next several weeks and i'll get some pictures of the 2 places and see what you all think.I will probably end up asking for a little more deposit tho if we use the Stable area and all the facilities,but we'll see closer the time when prices are sorted out.
    Joe is a great guy and will go out his way to help us out if we need it as Lee will tell you.
    I have said a big thanks from us all and he said he never even heard us there which was great and made a change for him.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

well done rich
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

the barn that he was converting earlier in the year is quite big mate with a small area out side to put barbeques and stuff,
      hes a top bloke isnt he,
      hes helped me out loads in the past with leaving broken cars there ect ect,
      nothing seems to be to much trouble for that man,
      so friendly isnt he,
      i looked at the other woodland earlier this year,
      but its quite close to the other farmhouse one of his neighbours,
      so he wasnt to sure if we would upset them with driving across there view with noisey cars,
      the other wood land is very steep with what only can be discribed as old ruins in it,
      we only went into it about 40 feet then came across a huge drop off,
      it would be a very hard wood to drive due to the severe bank that its on,
      Last edited by supersurf; 8 September 2008, 21:17.

Comment

he certainly is Lee especially to let us have the use of the stable block if we want it which will be brilliant

Comment

Can we go horse riding while were there, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.

Comment

for anyone that wants to go riding i can always look into some local riding stables to see if you can go out.the horses that Joe has there are only race horses which this time of year aren't at the stables and thats how he said we can have the use of the buildings

Comment

hes got his own special security gaurding those bottom wood rich,
              they are huge cows with huge coats of hair and horns that are about 10 feet across like something you would expect to see in scotland,
              we had to drive through them mate and they are huge one wrong look and i recon they would have the car on its side in a second,

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                for anyone that wants to go riding i can always look into some local riding stables to see if you can go out.the horses that Joe has there are only race horses which this time of year aren't at the stables and thats how he said we can have the use of the buildings
                Aw shucks i would love to ride a race horse. But that would be great to hack out down there around the country side. But don't want to put you to any bother mate you do enough, i can organize that myself.

Comment

Lee can you say thanks to Matt and his mate who came down aswell and it was great to meet them both and hope to see them on here sometime and at another off road event soon

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
                    Aw shucks i would love to ride a race horse. But that would be great to hack out down there around the country side. But don't want to put you to any bother mate you do enough, i can organize that myself.
                    thats ok Mitsy if i can sort it out ready for you to save you or anyone else having to chase about then i will and that way you can enjoy yourselves more knowing everything is sorted for you

Comment

matt came over to the garage earlier mate,
                      he was well happy that i dragged him down there kicking and screaming,
                      i also rang the pub to thank them for the nice food ect,
                      and to thank the lovely natalie the bar manager for dropping me and matt back to the campsite after our stint at the pub,
                      im sure that they took us back to the camsite to get rid of us but hey it was nice of them to do that,
                      i will be returning to that pub again for definate,
                      really nice people,

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                        thats ok Mitsy if i can sort it out ready for you to save you or anyone else having to chase about then i will and that way you can enjoy yourselves more knowing everything is sorted for you
                        Christ i feel guilty i said anything now. haven't you got enough to do. But that would be great, my daughter and i love going out riding. That would be such a bonus for us.

Comment

Originally posted by supersurf View Post
                          matt came over to the garage earlier mate,
                          he was well happy that i dragged him down there kicking and screaming,
                          i also rang the pub to thank them for the nice food ect,
                          and to thank the lovely natalie the bar manager for dropping me and matt back to the campsite after our stint at the pub,
                          im sure that they took us back to the camsite to get rid of us but hey it was nice of them to do that,
                          i will be returning to that pub again for definate,
                          really nice people,
                          I was chatting to the landlady this morning and she was saying how funny you 3 were when we all left especially when you said you were'nt with us lot and just sat down and joined in.
                          Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
                          Christ i feel guilty i said anything now. haven't you got enough to do. But that would be great, my daughter and i love going out riding. That would be such a bonus for us.
                          Thats ok Mitsy anything to make the weekend better for everyone and its only a couple of calls anyway.Just remind me when i start organising things next year

Comment

Thats ok Mitsy anything to make the weekend better for everyone and its only a couple of calls anyway.Just remind me when i start organising things next year

That would be great , thanks very much.

Comment

yw mitsy

lee Mandy says if Matt and his mate come next year can they get a sound proof tent or they'll have to sleep the other side of Baldhu cause of the snoring.

Comment

Working...
                              X