Hadron Collider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadron Collider

Gets switched on 5pm Thursday. Anyone worried?
    monstercreations.org.uk

yes.....a bit....if the world ends and I haven't built a V8 offroad beast with lockers and full cage I will be ever so disappointed.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

if I knew what it was I might be!
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
        if I knew what it was I might be!
        it's a particle accelerator thingy that could cause in theory the creation of a black hole here on earth.

sleep well.
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          it's a particle accelerator thingy that could cause in theory the creation of a black hole here on earth.
          If it did indeed create a blackhole, would it actually be here on Earth? That's the question.

Comment

not worried.what they are trying to simulate has already happened at our universe's conception.and it happens all the time anyhow,but making antimatter is a bit worrying.

and also they all said light speed is immutable, but electron 'spin' has proven to be a faster than light speed anmoly
            and also black holes...............still unproven as gravistars are the new kids on the block, and both are still just theoretical.
            in fact most of black hole theory has been dealt with quite effectively, in as much as when a paradox arises, they get around this ............by ignoring it.

its going to be fine though, they are only trying to find the higgs boson particle. this was a postulated particle which was 'invented' to endow particles with mass.
            they are going to generate some huge Gev to try and smash the particles into ever smaller pieces, but how many times can you divide something.......the thought is that there is a fundamental you will reach, but thinking about it,how many times can you divide the number 1

it will be a convergent series, but will never assymptote......same as will the particles ever be broken down into a converged thing.

its not this one you should worry about, its when they smash particles together at twice or three times the energy they will use on wednesday.......time to put your head beyween your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

or the moon, who knows?

actually if it's not on earth who cares?
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                yes.....a bit....if the world ends and I haven't built a V8 offroad beast with lockers and full cage I will be ever so disappointed.
                Thats what I'm worried about I'm just about to start my v8 conversion and now its going to dissapear into a black hole before I finish.
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  If it did indeed create a blackhole, would it actually be here on Earth? That's the question.
                  why wouldnt it be ??

the theory says that when a star dies, etc etc. those that dont explode, can turn into neutron stars, the densest thing known.if the gravitational field it produces, reaches a certain critical level, we get the ' black hole'

who's field is so strong not even light can escape. now it dont take a genious to work out

"where is that black hole,cant see it"

hell the leading bods dont even know what the space between everything is made of !!

as for black holes on earth, its quite alright matt, they do !!

think quantum and always remember that the strong nuclear force is the strongest force known...but only to about a trillionth of a trillionth of a metre.....just gotta think small
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    why wouldnt it be ??
                    Some people just neveeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr learn. The fact that blackholes have multiple explanations and theories does lead to the possibility that there could theoretically be a black hole here on Earth which isn't actually here on Earth, but rather somewhere else.

Comment

not worried.what they are trying to simulate has already happened at our universe's conception.and it happens all the time anyhow,but making antimatter is a bit worrying.

and also they all said light speed is immutable, but electron 'spin' has proven to be a faster than light speed anmoly
                      and also black holes...............still unproven as gravistars are the new kids on the block, and both are still just theoretical.
                      in fact most of black hole theory has been dealt with quite effectively, in as much as when a paradox arises, they get around this ............by ignoring it.

its going to be fine though, they are only trying to find the higgs boson particle. this was a postulated particle which was 'invented' to endow particles with mass.
                      they are going to generate some huge Gev to try and smash the particles into ever smaller pieces, but how many times can you divide something.......the thought is that there is a fundamental you will reach, but thinking about it,how many times can you divide the number 1

it will be a convergent series, but will never assymptote......same as will the particles ever be broken down into a converged thing.

its not this one you should worry about, its when they smash particles together at twice or three times the energy they will use on wednesday.......time to put your head beyween your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

yes ....but what is the red button for??
                      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
                        yes ....but what is the red button for??
                        what red button............
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

what red button............
                          perhaps it's in a black hole and you can't see it
                          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                            Some people just neveeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr learn. The fact that blackholes have multiple explanations and theories does lead to the possibility that there could theoretically be a black hole here on Earth which isn't actually here on Earth, but rather somewhere else.
                            clacton, rotheram.........accrington stanley !!!!

we know there are 4 definite dimensions...this could open up the possibilities of multi dimesional discovery.

yhere is a theory that if you bombard lead (which is decayed uranium) with highly charged particles, you can eradicate the radiation. which is good !!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

If energy can't be destroyed it would support the (shaky) theory that blackholes are merely the entrance to a space wormhole, it also means that the energy is expelled at the other end, that I would like to see.
                              The theories are great until we destroy everything and then there is no-one to see the result of the experiment.
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X