Window Tints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tints

Can anyone recommend a decent kit or supplier of window tint materials? I need to do mine but not prepared to pay loads for it at the mo - any how, how difficult can it be???

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

very difficult,do mine if u like?

Comment

Its a bit awkward.

Best practise on a piece before.
      I got a kit from Screwfix, hardly top notch quality but did the job on a section i had to do.

You need to get the window VERY VERY clean an VERY VERY wet, an same with the film then slide into place an get the air out before trimming it up.
      Its possible, you might not get a top notch job.

Theres a tinting company in southampton, one half of there shop is professional as feck tinting, If they are not 100% happy it gets redone.It is about £300 for a surf.

the other half do 'good quality' tints but its not as good as the top notch part but its still really, really good an is about £150 for a surf.
      (prices are a few months old)

Comment

from what i've heard if you use a good quality film you should be able to make a decent job of it yourself, if you use cheap nasty film it's thin and difficult to apply and you're likely to end up with a poor finish that lifts and peels quickly too.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
          Can anyone recommend a decent kit or supplier of window tint materials? I need to do mine but not prepared to pay loads for it at the mo - any how, how difficult can it be???

Cheers, Nick
          These people seem to be reasonable and with the amount of tint offered you could do a few motors and make a profit on it
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=019

Comment

Thanks fellas. I know you have to be pretty careful to get it right, but like everything, if I take my time it should be ok.

Art,the Ebay stuff looks a possibility.

Rod, which company in town are you referring to cos there are a couple that I know of?

Cheers, Nick

Comment

http://www.sctints.co.uk/

I think thats the guys mate.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                http://www.sctints.co.uk/

I think thats the guys mate.
                Thanx Rod, one of their blokes lives near me so I might give him a shout,

Cheers, Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
                  Thanx Rod, one of their blokes lives near me so I might give him a shout,

Cheers, Nick
                  if he does it on the cheap let me know,he can do mine

Comment

Working...
                  X