Clear All

Article in tonight's Yorkshire Evening Post,
    MALMAISON HOTEL In Leeds announced a special rate for those serving
    in the armed forces, Unlike the METRO HOTEL in SURREY which turned away
    a serving soldier from Afghanistan. A heroe's rate of £59.00 is available
    for any room in ANY MALMAISON HOTEL along with discounted dining. Leeds
    manager said " AT MALMAISON YOU ARE OUR HEROE'S"

WELL DONE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
      Article in tonight's Yorkshire Evening Post,
      MALMAISON HOTEL In Leeds announced a special rate for those serving
      in the armed forces, Unlike the METRO HOTEL in SURREY which turned away
      a serving soldier from Afghanistan. A heroe's rate of £59.00 is available
      for any room in ANY MALMAISON HOTEL along with discounted dining. Leeds
      manager said " AT MALMAISON YOU ARE OUR HEROE'S"

WELL DONE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
      now thats more like it.
      john
      i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

no one has asked 'why' the policy of not allowing service personnel to stay was in place, and why the company then apologised afterwards saying it was a 'mistake'

A lot of folk jumping in here with opinions when all the facts are not known.

Ex Royal Engineer Lance Corporal A. McKirdy.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
          no one has asked 'why' the policy of not allowing service personnel to stay was in place, and why the company then apologised afterwards saying it was a 'mistake'

A lot of folk jumping in here with opinions when all the facts are not known.

Ex Royal Engineer Lance Corporal A. McKirdy.
          This place is 2 miles from Arborfield. Almost ever pub within 3 miles used to ban squaddies apart from a couple of 'fighting pubs'. This is quite a different matter to the usual nonsense round there. Compare this with the 'Return of the Heroes' back from running about in China.....
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
            This place is 2 miles from Arborfield. Almost ever pub within 3 miles used to ban squaddies apart from a couple of 'fighting pubs'. This is quite a different matter to the usual nonsense round there. Compare this with the 'Return of the Heroes' back from running about in China.....

Close but no cigar - Arborfield is about 3 miles from the centre of WokingHAM and not at all close to Woking !

I did my basic military and trade training in Arborfield from 1976 to 1977 and during that time I can only recall being banned from a few pubs - I think it was The Bush Hotel in Wokingham after an incident where somebody let off a CS gas tablet in the gents and a couple of pubs in Arborfield that had an unofficial ban to maintain a quiet atmosphere. Personally I never stopped using any of them ....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

Close but no cigar - Arborfield is about 3 miles from the centre of WokingHAM and not at all close to Woking !

I did my basic military and trade training in Arborfield from 1976 to 1977 and during that time I can only recall being banned from a few pubs - I think it was The Bush Hotel in Wokingham after an incident where somebody let off a CS gas tablet in the gents and a couple of pubs in Arborfield that had an unofficial ban to maintain a quiet atmosphere. Personally I never stopped using any of them ....

The second link in the first post says the hotel is in Wokingham, but then that link has got the name of the hotel wrong as well...oops!
              Last edited by Chillitt; 7 September 2008, 09:46.
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
              X