Double Exhaust Trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Exhaust Trouble.

While driving home yesterday my tailpipe parted company from the rest of the truck,ok not too bad I thought,but on further investigation this morning I found that the exhaust had snapped off directly behind the big silencer box,so I now have to find two parts of the exhaust.I checked milners and roughtrax but the cheapest I found was on iezuraparts on ebay,so bought them,supposed to be top notch aluminium, any body had any expieriance of these,and are they any good? When I get them will let you know what I think of the quality.I have previously purchased filters from this company and found them to be very good with an excellent delivery,heres hoping thier exhausts are the same.
    I swear to drunk I`m not God.

It won't be aluminium, but aluminised steel. Supposed to slow down the rusting process.
    I've used that Ebayer for parts before on various cars and so far so good.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      It won't be aluminium, but aluminised steel. Supposed to slow down the rusting process.
      I've used that Ebayer for parts before on various cars and so far so good.
      This is what it says on the web site "exhausts are made using high quality galvanised aluminium which is rust proof " sounds good,will soon find out and let you all know.

Comment

Ever seen what a galvanized tool box does to an aluminium tray? It eats right through the tray over time. The galvanizing would eat away at the aluminium, which does not rust anyway. so why galvanize it? Sounds like a lot of salesmanship bullsh!t.

Nev

Comment

Probably is,but strapped for cash same as everyone at present so went for the cheapest I could find,MOT due in a fortnight,so trying to keep some cash back incase anything else is needed as I need the transport to get to and from work,Shite public transport down here.

Comment

Be thankful that you can actually buy an exhaust and have it within a few days... mine took 5 weeks to arrive from Japan. That’s because it is the relatively rare Petrol V6. It failed the MOT last October on the exhaust so I was off the road for 6 weeks
            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Whats the feul consumption like,must be worse than diesel,even if petrols cheaper

Comment

Well just had a knock at the door and the exhaust is here,26 hours after I ordered it,so am impressed with the service so far.Going to unwrap it now and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by daithediver View Post
                  Whats the feul consumption like,must be worse than diesel,even if petrols cheaper
                  Hmm not good, I’m probably getting around 17mpg around town and low 20’s on the motorway... but you need to offset that with the fact that the V6 is the most powerful of the second gen Surfs (@150 bhp) and a dammed site quieter and more refined than the noisy diesel motors.
                  Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                    Hmm not good, I’m probably getting around 17mpg around town and low 20’s on the motorway... but you need to offset that with the fact that the V6 is the most powerful of the second gen Surfs (@150 bhp) and a dammed site quieter and more refined than the noisy diesel motors.
                    The same MPG as mine: Four cam, 32 valve V8, 250bhp.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      The same MPG as mine: Four cam, 32 valve V8, 250bhp.
                      Did ye get ma Pm bud.V8, 250bhp I want 1

Comment

Sorry had to go to bed,working nights. Well I have unwrapped the two parts now and they look alright ,the pipes are 2mm thick,don`t know how that compares with a genuine part. All the brackets appear to be in the right places and the welding is noy to bad.Total cost including 2 gaskets fom Milners,the two rear most pipes and p/p was 127.53p.Will be fitting it on the weekend,then I`ll know what the fit is like.

Comment

Originally posted by daithediver View Post
                          While driving home yesterday my tailpipe parted company from the rest of the truck,ok not too bad I thought,but on further investigation this morning I found that the exhaust had snapped off directly behind the big silencer box,so I now have to find two parts of the exhaust.I checked milners and roughtrax but the cheapest I found was on iezuraparts on ebay,so bought them,supposed to be top notch aluminium, any body had any expieriance of these,and are they any good? When I get them will let you know what I think of the quality.I have previously purchased filters from this company and found them to be very good with an excellent delivery,heres hoping thier exhausts are the same.
                          how much was it?
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

dont worry. didnt see the post above mine
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Can anyone tell me what size the bolts are incase any of them break,looking on toyoDIY.com,they seem to be two different sizes as there are two different part no`s.The bolts I`m referring to are,tail pipe to main box and main box to flexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X