X rated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X rated

Can someone please let me know what the "X" after SSR stands for,as my insurance company have only here'd of an SSR,they want to know if the X has been added at a later date,what kind of a question is that I ask you,has someone been going around in the early hours, sticking X's to yhe back of unsuspecting Surfs?

Originally posted by karl higgs
    Can someone please let me know what the "X" after SSR stands for,as my insurance company have only here'd of an SSR,they want to know if the X has been added at a later date,what kind of a question is that I ask you,has someone been going around in the early hours, sticking X's to yhe back of unsuspecting Surfs?

It means it s got a few more goodies than the SSR & SSR Ltd but not as many as the SSRX Ltd or the SSRG?????????????????????????? ?????
    What insurance company you trying, lots on here have the SSRX with no trouble of insurance.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Tesco insurance.

Comment

Mine is insured with Tesco. The person that did mine didn't worry about anything past the ssr bit. As discussed before the X/G bit does not seem to mean much once the optional extras have been fitted.
        I didn't do it !

Comment

Don't forget a SSR-V and all the above letters also come as a 'limited', and a few 'Recaro' models as well!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have a SSR-G that has a winter pack, Recaros (very nice) but no soft/hard suspension thing, unless it's been removed.
            Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
              I have a SSR-G that has a winter pack, Recaros (very nice) but no soft/hard suspension thing, unless it's been removed.
              And i have a SSR-X Ltd that has not got hard/soft suspension,looks like it was never fitted from new.

Comment

Originally posted by molrams
                Mine is insured with Tesco. The person that did mine didn't worry about anything past the ssr bit. As discussed before the X/G bit does not seem to mean much once the optional extras have been fitted.
                same here X V G did'nt seam to matter to them
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
                  Hi!

What's a winter pack?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RoySharif
                    Hi!

What's a winter pack?

Thanks.
                    hehe, you won't need it there!

not sure about the surf, but you normally get better heater, engine heater, fuel tank heater, heated seats, bigger batterys, windscreen demister, boot full of snow, etc, etc
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Mines an SSR-X and has twin batteries, fuel pre-heater, heated seat, front and rear heaters, sun roof. The mirrors demist when the heated rear screen is switched on........and the previous (Japanese) owner left the snow chains and ski rack in the back............... and I've had the truck 9 months.

I have only just noticed the four screw holes in the rear roof lining. I wonder what was there? It says a lot for my powers of observation!
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Phil, when I was at the auctions buying mine quite a few of the Surfs had what looked to be ski racks fitted on the inside of the vehicle up on the headlining. Could be for the holes you describe.
                        Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

mine's the autumn version... got bugger all... must have fallen off!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                          X