My New 3rd Gen 3.0td auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New 3rd Gen 3.0td auto

after asking quite a few questions on here under the rubbish name of 'black bob' i have just bought myself my first surf. so i have registered again with something surfy.

the one i bought was advertised on ebay but i bought it before the auction ended, im not sure of the colour i have seen a few on piston heads that look the same colour and referred to as 'pearl' , its a pale champange/ silver that looks beige in certain ways but up close its lovely.

i asked on here about the front bumper and grill and after buying it i realise the grill is not a good fit, im not sure where it came from but if i cant get it to fit properly i may fit an oem one.

1996 3.0td auto - it has no badges, chrome wheels, sporty fromt bumper with fog lamps, underslung spare wheel and most of the usual surf things, it has a walnut dash facia but the the panels on the doors are just black. its needs a good clean inside and out and a polish and it will be even nicer.

the only thing i found wrong so far once embarking on my 450 mile trip home was that i get steering judder when braking hard, i did not notice it during the test drive as i was not braking heavy. There is no feedback on the brake pedal so im wondering if its maybe some bushes rather than a brake part thats the problem, any ideas people ? ?

2nd Gen 3.0td, running on waste veg oil

i think the colour is 'desert dune pearl'

Comment

If the judder under braking is felt through the pedal then it'll either be warped discs or the ABS. (under hard braking)

Another common problem with third gens is the streering rack bushes can wear causing wallowy steering.

Comment

Nice looking truck that - and welcome!

I'd ditch that grille and see if you can find a standard one - or the other way round of course, find the grille first....

Nice wheels too!
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Heres mine might give you some options on what to do with it.

Comment

that is a damm fine looking machine
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

cheers for the tips and replies, ill check out the discs first and see if they are warped.

i think i do need to get an original grill, this may have looked ok when new but with it being fibre glass its not very straight now.

stephen damn you, your giving me the modding bug stop it im already very broke after stretching my budget. your truck does look nice without going overboard.

Comment

Surf MoFo

Nice truck, I think it is the same colour as mine and it sure looks nice when clean.
                I hope you have as much luck and fun with yours as I have with mine.
                I bought mine from E-bay and went to Brum to collect it last year and it sailed through the MOT last month with nothing to do to it.
                I am from Aberdeenshire and only had about 3" of snow for a week or so to play in.
                Here is hoping for a bit more this winter.
                Enjoy your truck.

Kindest Regards.
                Mike

Comment

not bad surfs there dudes
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

most of the mods have only been a few cans of paint and plenty of elbow grease.
                    its got a roughtrax 2" lift now

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmarr View Post
                      most of the mods have only been a few cans of paint and plenty of elbow grease.
                      its got a roughtrax 2" lift now
                      stephen did you modify the original grill or was that a replacement you bought ?

Comment

Roughtracks do a chrome finish grille that looks good . Gets rid of the plain 'all one colour' look . Maybe Santa will bring me one
                        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I did the satoshi grill mod pretty easy to do just takes guts to hack the grill apart.
                          check out
                          http://4runners.org/writeups/satoshi/index.html

Comment

Working...
                          X