maximum water temp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maximum water temp.

After my little "getting hot" moment, Ive decided to take action!

Im going to be getting an ATF cooler to help remove heat from the rad an im also going to fit a water temperature guage to let me know exactly what its doing.

Im going for a digital readout ( L.C.D type ) over a regular dial.

What would be the maxiumum temperature you guys (an bibs! ) would let it get to before being worried?!

Mine normally runs at around the 85-90 deg mark but the idea of a pressurised system is that the water can run at 100 without boiling. Having said that 100 degrees is where I would be starting to watch the gauge, not the road.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

The combination of coolant and pressurisation should give you a boiling/screwed point of around 120 degrees celcius or so, (if I remember correctly), so you obviously want to keep it as low below that as possible, within reason. 80 to 100 degrees should be your min-max range, in a perfect scenario.

Comment

Cheers guys!

I'll get on an sort out getting the guage an getting it installed fairly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
          After my little "getting hot" moment, Ive decided to take action!

Im going to be getting an ATF cooler to help remove heat from the rad an im also going to fit a water temperature guage to let me know exactly what its doing.

Im going for a digital readout ( L.C.D type ) over a regular dial.

What would be the maxiumum temperature you guys (an bibs! ) would let it get to before being worried?!
          I fitted a digital guage to my 4runner about 4 years ago (thread + pics on here still somewhere) The display flashes when it reaches 100 degrees,The engine manual says that between 110-120 degrees it will release the pressure in the system.
          Most of the time the truck would be running at mid 80's and peaking at mid 90's during normal driving.It only reached 100 degrees once whilst pulling a caravan in mid summer up through dorset on a huge hill but it cooled back to normal temperature within a couple of minutes (you can see the temperature drop as the road levelled out again).
          You should be fine letting it reach 100 degrees on occasions as long as you can see the temperature drop quickly when the motor is no longer being pushed hard and has a decent air flow to the rad.
          Needless to say at all times the standard guage had the needle sat nicely at just below half way and never moved!

Comment

Working...
          X