Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fly wheel problem kzn130 '95 KZ1-TE

hi

im considering buying my friends '95 SSR-X [ kzn130, kz-1te] . which has just had it's flywheel ' repaired'.
    [ i live in malawi so parts are really expensive , they were told it would be £1000 to get the part , so the garage did what they could and it runs fine , for now...... ( i presume it's a dual mass fly wheel and some unofficial springs were used to replace the problem ones in the sprung centre plate - which seems reasonable to me, as , as far as i know toyota don't make replacement ones)]

the worst case scenario financially as i see it , is that i buy a new dual mass flywheel for £400 when i'm home, or a solid one . and i have to hope that it doesn't go in the middle of nowhere before then.

i presume that it is making the 'whirr' sound at the end of the clutch travel . [ most noticeable when going from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th ]

anyone disagree and think i should not buy it because of this problem/ have had ongoing problems despite replacing the flywheel ? [ otherwise it's a beaut ! ]

is the flywheel a common problem with surfs ? certainly one of my other friends here had an identical problem that did well with a basic local repair [ albeit gaining an extra noise] - there are a lot of surfs in malawi [ a lot old too ] , so maybe it's not surprising i've heard of 2 with the same problem ......

thanks
Working...
X