Dilema time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilema time

Due to running costs of my truck, i been toying with the idea of selling it for a more economical car.
    Anyway i seen a Honda accord 2.0i s (Automatic box) for sale locally and thinking of buying this to reduce my commuting costs in bad weather, as riding the scooter in the wet and cold not nice
    Question will a 2.0i s be ok for tugging my caravan.

What do you guys think??
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Originally posted by pops View Post
    Due to running costs of my truck, i been toying with the idea of selling it for a more economical car.
    Anyway i seen a Honda accord 2.0i s (Automatic box) for sale locally and thinking of buying this to reduce my commuting costs in bad weather, as riding the scooter in the wet and cold not nice

What do you guys think??
    I can't see that economy would be any different with a 2.0 auto car to be honest.

Comment

Silly suggestion time Gramps !!!

Why not get a tiddler and keep Spooky ?

Then you the truck for towing and fun, and the small car for day to day use, a small cheap corsa for example can easily give you 50+ mph, the diesel version will run for a week on an egg cup full !!!

I think you will find that you will get a discount on your insurance for having more than 1 car at a premises.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Get a cronked out sh1theap, (not much different to what Trev did in all honesty), that will pass the MOT but costs you practically bugger all to purchase and keep the Surf. Over my dead body would they part me from mine.

Comment

Mmm both talking good idea's
          (hate to admit that about you ginger )
          ok so off to look at multi car insurance online now (still get feeling this going to cost me more tho)
          Pops

Comment

What do you guys think??
            The 2ltr auto is not very economical mate..

I had a few accords a 2.3 and a 2ltr and they are still binge drinkers...
            as a mather of fact the surf uses less money a week than the last 2.3 accord...

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            Over my dead body would they part me from mine.
            Same here..
            Like I always say:

A Surf is for life, not just for Christmas..
            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I can't see that economy would be any different with a 2.0 auto car to be honest.
              think your find the honda will have better Miles per gallon than 3.0ltr surf old chap
              Pops

Comment

Got to agree with the other replies. My wife has a 1.7D Corsa which we use for most normal journeys and keep the Surf for towing the caravan and shooting. The Corsa does a regular 45+ mpg and will hit 60mpg on a longer M-way run. And it's quite comfortable to drive, even for me who hates driving small cars.
                Mike G

Comment

I must have been having a lucid moment. Nae worry, they ne'er last long.

Comment

think your find the honda will have better Miles per gallon than 3.0ltr surf old chap
                    It's not going to get within a country mile of Squirrile !!!!

And as for GWH's Corsa, your Honda couldn't get near if you got out and pushed it !!!!!!

Trev

Comment

ok so off to look at multi car insurance online now (still get feeling this going to cost me more tho)
                      Remember Gramps, although you might be paying a bit more, you can reduce the mileage allowance on Spooky, and you will be saving hand over fist on fuel costs - overall your wallet will you

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
                        The 2ltr auto is not very economical mate..

I had a few accords a 2.3 and a 2ltr and they are still binge drinkers...
                        as a mather of fact the surf uses less money a week than the last 2.3 accord...

Same here..
                        Like I always say:

A Surf is for life, not just for Christmas..
                        get a feeling your a tad younger than me and you drive a tad faster than me (no offence ment) so you would get a less than i looking for mileage return than i do
                        i had a honda aerodeck way back and that was a fast motor even by the Pops (gramps) standards
                        and that used to give me 45 to the gallon then
                        my truck giving me about 25 to gallon so even as a daily commuter if i was getting 30+ i would be happy as do 50 miles a day to go to work and that without callouts
                        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                          It's not going to get within a country mile of Squirrile !!!!

And as for GWH's Corsa, your Honda couldn't get near if you got out and pushed it !!!!!!

Trev
                          No point taken but would return better than Spooky
                          Pops

Comment

get a feeling your a tad younger than me and you drive a tad faster than me (no offence ment) so you would get a less than i looking for mileage return than i do
                            i had a honda aerodeck way back and that was a fast motor even by the Pops (gramps) standards
                            and that used to give me 45 to the gallon then
                            my truck giving me about 25 to gallon so even as a daily commuter if i was getting 30+ i would be happy as do 50 miles a day to go to work and that without callouts
                            yeah I am a little younger but am not a fast driver at all...
                            I get reall good mpg out of the manual accord but the auto was only good long distance on the cruise control....

then again a 2ltr might be a fair bit better.... mine was an 2.3..
                            And the 2ltr one well long story....

but don't sell the surf...

u can always get a little civic or a jazz they do return mega mileage!
                            One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Not when pulling a caravan older chap.

Comment

Working...
                              X