The tale of two boilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tale of two boilers

We had our combi boiler serviced Friday. It worked fine before it was serviced, now we have no hot water. Engineer told the wife to run the hot tap, and bang, boiler fuse blew the boiler switch fuse blew and the trip switch tripped. This happened more than once, after replacing the PCB and the pump and god knows what else, decided that it was the fan causing the fault, so took all the new stuff out and replaced the old parts back.
    Guess what, he did not have a fan with him and now we have to wait until next Friday. Remember this boiler was working perfectly well before he came.

The second boiler was Mother in laws, was serviced and then a note pinned on it, DO NOT USE, apparently it had the wrong flue, £246 for the right one + fitting. Mother in law says I'll think about it.
    Next door neighbours son is a corgi engineer came round to have a look, and told her she was being conned, nothing wrong with the flue, gave her a report to say as such and she has now sent it to the firm, with a not so polite letter.

There are some right Rsoles about

Originally posted by peter026 View Post
    We had our combi boiler serviced Friday. It worked fine before it was serviced, now we have no hot water. Engineer told the wife to run the hot tap, and bang, boiler fuse blew the boiler switch fuse blew and the trip switch tripped. This happened more than once, after replacing the PCB and the pump and god knows what else, decided that it was the fan causing the fault, so took all the new stuff out and replaced the old parts back.
    Guess what, he did not have a fan with him and now we have to wait until next Friday. Remember this boiler was working perfectly well before he came.

seems to me something was wired up wrong when replaced

The second boiler was Mother in laws, was serviced and then a note pinned on it, DO NOT USE, apparently it had the wrong flue, £246 for the right one + fitting. Mother in law says I'll think about it.
    Next door neighbours son is a corgi engineer came round to have a look, and told her she was being conned, nothing wrong with the flue, gave her a report to say as such and she has now sent it to the firm, with a not so polite letter.

There are some right Rsoles about
    you can buy flue kits for around 30 quid. Whats the name and model of both boilers?

Comment

Our is an Alpha combi.
      Don't know what make M-I-Laws is, but hers has got the all clear.

He replaced with new after all the fuses blew.
      Last edited by peter026; 24 August 2008, 22:41.

Comment

CD25X/28X??
        http://www.alpha-boilers.com/product...vice_guide.pdf

Comment

Ours is the CB24

http://www.danthegas.com/boilers/Alp...e%20Manual.pdf
          Last edited by peter026; 24 August 2008, 23:23.

Comment

Comment

@ Bushwhacker. Boiler repair man came today to fit the fan, switched every thing on and bang, all fuses blown again . Had another rethink and a phone call. turned out to be a faulty wire.

Bushwhacker rules O.K.

Comment

Originally posted by peter026 View Post
                @ Bushwhacker. Boiler repair man came today to fit the fan, switched every thing on and bang, all fuses blown again . Had another rethink and a phone call. turned out to be a faulty wire.

Bushwhacker rules O.K.
                5 days without hot water to discover that.....Ooooh I feel a claim coming on (just how do you spell incompetance?)
                Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                Tony

Comment

Working...
                X