Coil spacers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, so i can do that then?

I just need to order HDJ80 Landcruiser springs and +2" Pro comp shocks and fit them?

No other mods needed?

Thanks.

Comment

arev you planning on off roading? if so then i would also but the extended braided brake lines fron roughtrax
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yeah the truck is just for weekend fun off road. I have a van for day to day.

My understanding of this rear suspension so far is:

Fit HDJ80 LC Springs. Fit +2" Shocks. Adjust torsion bars to suit. Drive off road.

I was just gonna get the 20% firmer springs from Milners to cure the arse sag, but thought while i'm at it i could lift the rear a bit.

So fitting LC springs and +2" Shocks requires extending the brake lines? How much am i looking at for that?

I'm trying to get an understanding of what else i need to modify in order to fit the LC springs. Can i not just fit the LC springs and +2" Shocks?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Aah, I suppose if you fit bigger rear suspension, then when off road, the rear axle can drop further, stretching the brakelines...

Is the Roughtrax Stainless Steel Brakeline Kit longer then? How long would it take a garage to fit?

Cheers.

Comment

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.php?doc=16&vid=180
            here's the link from roughtrax for the brake lines.They won't take long at all to fit
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have only ordered my extended brake lines this week after running a lift for some time now and also doing a fair bit of offroading, in my experience it seems that toyota were not too particular in fitting the same length of flexi pipes to all trucks. sonme folks (like me) are lucky to have ones that are on the long side to begin with.

The reason for upgrade is to improve the brake feel, less sponginess under harder braking, the braided part stops the rubber hose from expanding under pressure.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Yeah i understand that, got em on my motorbike. But you need to fit longer ones cos the axle can drop further with bigger springs and shocks, stretching the existing lines, right?

Cheers for the link Richard...

Right, nearly there....

Gonna order HDJ80 LC Springs, Pro Comp ES9000+2" Shocks, and Longer Braided Brakelines.

My only other question is:

Are there any issues with cranking up the torsion bars to level out the front? I read something about CV's getting worn? I basicallly need to know if i need to buy anything other than that lot above.

Thanks for the help.
                Last edited by Don Logan; 26 August 2008, 19:12.

Comment

you may want to consider

a. a front diff drop kit (but why raise it )

b. some manual hubs (got some me self...they are ace)
                  saves changing the cv boots every other week !!

c. some ball joint spacers, rather than cranking the torsion bars, it will improve the ride no end

d.....err thats it !!

(oh yes get REAL friendly with some forum members so they come and help,promise coffee, pizza etc)
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Thanks gwh...

Do i need to do this stuff then? The original plan was just to stick Milners 20% springs in...

...then i got told i could chuck LC springs in and get 3" lift easily.
                    Then i got told i'd need longer shocks.... Then new brake lines....

This would be OK and i could just about afford to have it all done it think.

Now it's front diff drop kit, manual hubs and balljoint spacers

Is the lift gonna make much difference to off road action do you think?
                    I might just knit it all off and chuck in the Milners 20% firmer jobbies.

By the way, i see you live in Eastbourne. I'm in Brighton.

Do you like money?

Do you want some for sticking suspension stuff onto my Surf for me ?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
                      Thanks gwh...

Do i need to do this stuff then? The original plan was just to stick Milners 20% springs in...

...then i got told i could chuck LC springs in and get 3" lift easily.
                      Then i got told i'd need longer shocks.... Then new brake lines....

This would be OK and i could just about afford to have it all done it think.

Now it's front diff drop kit, manual hubs and balljoint spacers

Is the lift gonna make much difference to off road action do you think?
                      I might just knit it all off and chuck in the Milners 20% firmer jobbies.

By the way, i see you live in Eastbourne. I'm in Brighton.

Do you like money?

Do you want some for sticking suspension stuff onto my Surf for me ?
                      no dont like money......like two blue eyed blondes wrestling in a paddling pool full of mud...phwoooaaarrrr

just put your 20 % stronger springs on,get some at's and i will help
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Haha, no it's fine mate, got the A/T's already on and the springs shocks and brakelines are going on next week.

Cheers anyway though.

Comment

Working...
                        X