Coil spacers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil spacers?

Hi, i've got saggy arse on my Surf and need I new springs. I was gonna order the Milners 20% firmer jobbies.

Am i right in thinking that while i'm at it i might as well chuck a pair of coil spacers in as well?

If this is ok to do without needing any other mods such as longer shocks, then what size spacers would i need?

Then the front can be levelled out by adjusting the torsion bars?

And should i take off my side steps for off roading? I was just thinking that if anything, they offer a bit of protection for the underneath and bodywork.

Thanks,

Slindon next week...

Nah don't bother with the spacers just get a pair of HDJ80 Landcruiser springs from Milners about £45. That will sort out your saggy butt.
    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Yeah but then don't you need longer shocks?

Cheers,

Comment

You might just get away with standard. But if not just get +2" from explorer pro comp they only about £35 each.
        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

i did some reading the other day, because i think my uprated springs have gone saggy, as i have +2" spacers and its no higher than a standard surf..

apparently you can go +2" on standard shocks

i have +2" shocks, so i think i can go +2" spacers AND +2" springs = 4"
          (with new tortion bar and a un-serious modification of the brake pipe) (un clipping)

shocks are £35 each, how are yours doing? are you needing new ones anyway? while your down there, like.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
            You might just get away with standard. But if not just get +2" from explorer pro comp they only about £35 each.
            Standard shocks will be fully extended all the time with L/C springs.
            Get some +2" shocks from Pro-comp 35 quid each gaiters are are extra..

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              i did some reading the other day, because i think my uprated springs have gone saggy, as i have +2" spacers and its no higher than a standard surf..

apparently you can go +2" on standard shocks

i have +2" shocks, so i think i can go +2" spacers AND +2" springs = 4"
              (with new tortion bar and a un-serious modification of the brake pipe) (un clipping)

shocks are £35 each, how are yours doing? are you needing new ones anyway? while your down there, like.
              Might be a bit bumpy with a 4" sus lift an only +2" shocks..
              Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              Standard shocks will be fully extended all the time with L/C springs.
              Get some +2" shocks from Pro-comp 35 quid each gaiters are are extra..

I heard runing with the gaiters was a bad idea... traps cr*p in the shock etc.

Either way it was cheaper without so thats my reasoning!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

I heard runing with the gaiters was a bad idea... traps cr*p in the shock etc.
                True, I never bothered with them.
                I've had my Pro-comps for four years now and the shafts are still shiny. I did paint the bodies with white Hammerite though as the white finish they come in is almost transparent!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  True, I never bothered with them.
                  I've had my Pro-comps for four years now and the shafts are still shiny. I did paint the bodies with white Hammerite though as the white finish they come in is almost transparent!
                  I regret not putting anything on the shock body... mine are showing slight signs of surface rust.

Biggest mistake i made was not trimming down the bump stops on the IFS before fitting the ball joint spacers... The shock body has a tasty dent in it from the arm being flexed.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18 View Post
                    No you wont. It will destroy your spine. Trust me, been there, killed rear seat passengers.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                      Might be a bit bumpy with a 4" sus lift an only +2" shocks..
                      so i need to replace the rear shocks as well then?

guessing 'a bit bumpy' due to the shocks running out of travel?
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Am i right in thinking that while i'm at it i might as well chuck a pair of coil spacers in as well?

If this is ok to do without needing any other mods such as longer shocks, then what size spacers would i need?

Then the front can be levelled out by adjusting the torsion bars?

And should i take off my side steps for off roading? I was just thinking that if anything, they offer a bit of protection for the underneath and bodywork.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
                          They'll protect your bodywork from supermarket trolleys. Other than that, they're as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Comment

Ok they'll be coming off then...

So, i'm best off getting HDJ80 Landcruiser springs and +2" Pro comp shocks then? What lift will this give?

Then the torsion bars can just be adjusted to suit?

Thanks for the help, bare with me.

I am young, but i will learn....

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
                              Ok they'll be coming off then...

So, i'm best off getting HDJ80 Landcruiser springs and +2" Pro comp shocks then? What lift will this give?

Then the torsion bars can just be adjusted to suit?

Thanks for the help, bare with me.

I am young, but i will learn....

Thanks.
                              approx 3" suspension lift.
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                              X