Tow bar for a second gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow bar for a second gen?

I have been thinking about fitting a tow bar to my Surf so that I can tow a motorbike trailer.

I’ve looked at the various (cheaper) ones on e-bay but I think I would rather buy one that I know will fit without having to fettle it. I’ve spent more than enough time trying to get custom / aftermarket parts to fit classic VW’s, MG’s and Land Rovers in the past so I’d just want it to bolt strait on.

The RoughTrax one seems good http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=243&vid=593 but how does it compare to the Towsure version?
    http://www.towsure.com/product/10566...6_(N130_Import)

Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Paul
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

check this thread I seem to remeber these ones are cheap and pretty good

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...hlight=tow+bar

Comment

hey mate I have got one here with twin electric and I am in Runcorn so not far from u....
      it's a proper original 2nd gen surf one

079 741 749 12
      Last edited by TobyJug; 20 August 2008, 13:27.
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

or try 01928 82 00 24

Comment

I've just bought a super heavy duty one off trade it for £20. It weighs 100lb maybe more, i've got to put new springs on the back before it goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan82 View Post
            I've just bought a super heavy duty one off trade it for £20. It weighs 100lb maybe more, i've got to put new springs on the back before it goes on.
            original surf?

that is a mega bargain

Comment

I have a Witter one, really good and easy to take off and put on again for going offroad.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                I have a Witter one, really good and easy to take off and put on again for going offroad.
                Yeah Witter is good
                I looked at them too for the grey one...

This one I just hav to take the drop plate off....

Comment

I've just looked at the roughtrax pdf fitting guide and it seems it's one of those that I have but it is branded Witter, I wonder if they are making them for Barry?
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                    I've just looked at the roughtrax pdf fitting guide and it seems it's one of those that I have but it is branded Witter, I wonder if they are making them for Barry?
                    MM maybe or he has re-seller rights and they make the packaging and pdf with his name on....

Comment

Working...
                    X